RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new poster here and thank you for taking the time to help!

Today I lost my side mirror motors and also my driver’s side seat motor at the same time. The side mirrors would tilt downward when I turned the car on and wouldn’t stop once the mirrors were already pointing all the way down. This happened on 2 to 3 occasions and now the mirrors don’t work at all. Then I noticed my seat motor isn’t working either.

Quick question: other than checking the breakers, is there something going on that seems common? I am not much of a DIY guy myself, unfortunately, due to a lack of time.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
seat memory ecu under left front seat has failed, possible due to a leaked internal battery. best of luck finding a good replacement

·
Registered
64 Posts
Super easy repair to do on your own. Just need a soldering iron, solder, possibly some wire, and some flux. Battery can be replaced by a Ni-Mh battery from an old landline phone or similar. I have some good closeup pics of the process of repairing mine if you like.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
37 Posts
Agreed, it is not a difficult process at all. I did mine about a year ago...better than paying $800 for a replacement.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
77 Posts
I repaired mine in November 2008, I found an exact replacement battery fairly easily, retraced some circuit leads and replaced a few ceramic caps. 100,000 miles later it is still working fine. I am a total novice on electrical repair, but there are several good write-ups here on the forum. The repair is well worth the effort; you just need to search about a bit for some very good pictures and instructions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super easy repair to do on your own. Just need a soldering iron, solder, possibly some wire, and some flux. Battery can be replaced by a Ni-Mh battery from an old landline phone or similar. I have some good closeup pics of the process of repairing mine if you like.
Yes, please. I am not skilled in electrical work, so anything you have that I can follow will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I repaired mine in November 2008, I found an exact replacement battery fairly easily, retraced some circuit leads and replaced a few ceramic caps. 100,000 miles later it is still working fine. I am a total novice on electrical repair, but there are several good write-ups here on the forum. The repair is well worth the effort; you just need to search about a bit for some very good pictures and instructions.
Music to my ears!!!

I am prepping my 1995 LWB RRC for sale, and have already had a shop do a ton of work to get me there. And this is an annoyance as I am just about to list the vehicle for sale. 90,000 miles and it is a dream vehicle. And this is an annoyance that I have to deal with, as it doesn't seem right to sell it this way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, please. I am not skilled in electrical work, so anything you have that I can follow will be greatly appreciated!
I would post them but this site's manage attachments page just shows up blank no matter what I do. PM me an email address.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts