RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellow Range Rover owners. I’m having a very frustrating and confusing issue with my 2008 RRS HSE.

just today I noticed an uneasy shuddering when I’m making sharp turns in a parking lot, and even trying at a stop sign. It sounds just awful and I’m afraid to keep driving it. It drives silky smooth in a straight line and even on gradual turns such as a highway on ramp.

its funny, when I make a sharp turn while coasting in neutral, no shuddering occurs. Does anyone have a clue as to what my issue is? I have 113,000 on the clock with no clue on the trucks matenance history.

Any and all advise is greatly appreaciated

Alex

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Your traction control is kicking in, most probably your tires are worn out...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Like this idea of traction control - my ABS on the right front wheel use to kick in (really loud crunching sound) around sharp left hand curves.

If this - traction ABS control - isn't it, have your lower suspension control arms checked out for what would be A Lot or Much of play at the bushings....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like this idea of traction control - my ABS on the right front wheel use to kick in (really loud crunching sound) around sharp left hand curves.

If this - traction ABS control - isn't it, have your lower suspension control arms checked out for what would be A Lot or Much of play at the bushings....
So in theory, if I turn off my traction control, then my issue should go away?

I'm hoping it’s not my lower control arms. Those were replaced just last year... (by me)

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Correct, try turning DSC off and see if that helps. I have over sized tires and i get that same thing on hard turns. I think my tires may roll just enough to cause the traction control to kick in. No issues when I turn DSC off in the same turns.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
I turned DSC off and still had the issue. This weekend I’ll put her on a lift and check out my lower control arms. Sometimes the infamous clunk occurs while turning. The same clunk I had fixed when I replaced the lower control arms.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Stock thoughts... swaybar bushings, half shaft, or it could be a bad ABS sensor. I had to replace my front passenger hub and removed the ABS sensor and found lots of dried up mud & dirt. I really don't know how it was working. In the same process I almost forgot to reinstall it properly. So maybe the ABS is kicking in not the DSC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
You know what... now that I think about it, there is an unsettling clunk from the front end when I swerve. I was thinking sway bar for that noise. You think that and my sharp turn grinding/shuddering could be affiliated?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Yup, very well could be related

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: I replaced the cv half shaft (axle) as well as my sway bar bushings. And the problem was not resolved. Still has the EXACT same systems. I’m now thinking its differential related. I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning and we’ll see what they have to say. Wish me luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts