RangeRovers.net Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Symes is your interior standard or have you added to it at all? I thought perhaps the wood immediately around the shifter might be an addition?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Is your vogue badge a genuine one ? I thought Vogue's were only rioja red or Oxford blue or dark green ? My vogue badge is different !? View attachment 286056
My car is a genuine 2001 Vogue i have the factory build sheet ;)

in 1998-1999 there was a special edition known as the County and Vogue SE.

In 2000 the "Vogue" was introduced as a Trim level, it sits above HSE and is more luxury oriented..

2002 model year saw the Run Out Vogue SE trim, which was the most sumptuous..

Compare my interior to a HSE..

Also after 2000 in the UK the 4.6 Powerplant was only offered on the Vogue..

trim levels in the factory were known as..

TL1 - Standard - DT
TL2 - SE and DSE
TL3 - HSE and DHSE
TL4 - Vogue

·
Registered
2002 P38 4.6 HSE
110 Posts
My car is a genuine 2001 Vogue i have the factory build sheet ;)

In 2000 the "Vogue" was introduced as a Trim level, it sits above HSE and is more luxury oriented..

2002 model year saw the Run Out Vogue SE trim, which was the most sumptuous..

Compare my interior to a HSE..

Also after 2000 in the UK the 4.6 Powerplant was only offered on the Vogue..

trim levels in the factory were known as..

TL1 - Standard - DT
TL2 - SE and DSE
TL3 - HSE and DHSE
TL4 - Vogue
I have a 2002 HSE and I see no difference in the interior.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2002 P38 4.6 HSE
110 Posts
No disrespect to any P38 owners cars, or mine for that matter...
Just went through this thread again.
Has to be be one of the most beautiful photo of a car I've seen.
Everything is perfect.
Factory brochure quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do like that blue,, she’s got a prett good mot history but note you have her sorned since last November... wish my old girl was still looking as good
There are a "few" threads on the Other subforums showcasing some peoples Vehicles whether stock or modified

Just thought a thread like this might have some good pic's of some P38's.

I'll start..

2001 Feb built and Oct registered Vogue 4.6 "UK SPEC"

18" Comets "bright finish"

Lightstone interior

Monte Carlo Blue paintwork

Running Petrol and LPG

Fully loaded

Just a few
nice color.beautiful car. Where did get by those hoses under the bonnet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I have a 2002 HSE and I see no difference in the interior.
Am I missing something?
the NAS P38 didn't have the Vogue as a trim level..

HOWEVER..

the HSE can be spec'd to Vogue equivalent.

H

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long time lurker on the forums. Pulled the trigger on a 1999 p38 a little over a month ago (154K miles).

Had the previous owner fix some break & ABS issues before nabbing and I'm getting a baseline check from the shop done tomorrow to see what else needs work internally, but has been driving flawlessly so far (*knocks on wood).

Need to get some interior work/replacements on the center console / cup holder area (if anyone has any recommendations).

·
Registered
65 Posts

Here's my 01 30th Anniversary Edition P38.

·
Registered
1995 P38 4.0 SE
12 Posts
Hi everyone
I have loved the green oval brand since and early age and my first was D2 TD5 which I had for 8 years, before a boring stray into German saloons I got back and have had a RRS Spirt L320 3.0 TDV6....however.

Two days ago I wanted a project and something that I can get back out and explore with once this lockdown has relaxed slightly more. I havent stopped working due to the engineering work I do. So getting out into the open had always been important.

So I picked this 1995 P38 4.0 SE up for 600 pounds. It is a project and will be my escape. But I'm looking forward to it. Always frequented a number of forums. Always found them a big help. They will always be full of problems. Because no one wants to know about the trouble free vehicles in our families do they.

Slowly putting panels back together that I assume previous owner has been chasing down some electrical problems by just ripping everything out.

It will take time but I will get it back on the road in time and then start adding bits to it. But i have a long list of problems to sort first and then the gucci extras will come

Dan

·
Registered
1995 P38 4.0 SE
12 Posts
Thanks Ice

I'm saving the relevant threads from this forum so I can revisit them when I get to them. But I think its certainly worth saving

·
Registered
139 Posts
Absolutely! These trucks are actually fairly easy to work on if you’re interested in taking the time to get to know them. Engine work especially tends to be very easy if you have the tools. I’ve been rebuilding my truck to my standards and desires as well, and it’s been great.

This forum is an awesome trove of information, but if you can’t find something or need a quick answer about something, don’t hesitate to start a new thread and ask for help. There are many super knowledgeable members here who are active.

·
Registered
139 Posts
No disrespect to any P38 owners cars, or mine for that matter...
Just went through this thread again.
Has to be be one of the most beautiful photo of a car I've seen.
Everything is perfect.
Factory brochure quality.

View attachment 286547
Yeah that truck looks awesome! Mine looks pretty much exactly like that save for the added headlight protection.... and the lack of any snow at all up here!

When I got my P38 I had just gotten brand new ATs for my D2 that was heading out, so I kept those wheels and rims and am currently using them on the P38. I’m waiting for the day when the tires need replacing and I can put tires on the ‘Star’ 18”s that my truck came with. They’re my favourite wheels for the RR, with those Hurricanes as a close second (I also have a full set of those too!)

Can’t wait to see what you end up with as your interior :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
As a little update; I finished painting my sub enclosure and got the interior finished and put back together. Here are a few pictures:

·
Registered
2002 P38 4.6 HSE
110 Posts
Yeah that truck looks awesome! Mine looks pretty much exactly like that save for the added headlight protection.... and the lack of any snow at all up here!

When I got my P38 I had just gotten brand new ATs for my D2 that was heading out, so I kept those wheels and rims and am currently using them on the P38. I’m waiting for the day when the tires need replacing and I can put tires on the ‘Star’ 18”s that my truck came with. They’re my favourite wheels for the RR, with those Hurricanes as a close second (I also have a full set of those too!)

Can’t wait to see what you end up with as your interior :)
I'm looking at going chocolate brown for the interior excluding the carpets

81 - 97 of 97 Posts