RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, The green light (shows the truck going down hill) for the hdc turns on when I turn the key to the second position so I know the bulb is good. Should the light come on in Park with the engine running if I pull back on the lever?? Thank You in advance for the help. :)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,130 Posts
No, should only change in N or D, or low gear (diferential) in any forward gear.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just went out and tried it in my 06. It goes in and out of HDC in any transmission gear, including park both in high and low diff gear selection. Only time it would not engage was over 30 mph, and it displayed a speed to high message on the dash. Would drop into HDC if I slowed down below 30 mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mark, Thank You for checking. When you mentioned in the second reply "in any transmission gear" do you mean Park and Neutral as well? Wow I have the same year and color combo as yours. Mine is a slight "Rat" right now....work in progress.

Thanks again and have a great day. Nel

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yes, Park, Neutral, Reverse, D, and all of the "sport" forward gears when you flip the shifter to the left.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mark, Thanks again for the reply. I removed the positive and negative terminals from the battery and waited around 30 minutes to be safe. I touched the the negative and positive terminals together (not attached to the battery for anyone reading this) and held the two cables for around 20 seconds. Next put the cables back on the battery and started the truck. Let all the modules and computers calm down and drove the truck around 1 hour. Came home put it in Park and the HDC light came on. very nice...I dont know if it was luck or a miracle but something decided to start working again...lol Thanks again Mark and Have a Great Weekend. :)Nel

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
One of those freak voltage things. Take em when you can get them, because there.s always a bigger surprise waiting down the road the you will actually need to dig into and even then it will mysteriously cure itself, or you have to replace half the modules in the car to fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mark, I guess I got lucky on this one. I am sure my day is coming lol. Now on to my next repair... Thanks again for the help and wish you are having a great day. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts