RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a 98' HSE that has a bad rod... Overall it is in decent shape. I can get it for VERY cheap (under 1k). It has 124k on the odometer. I guess my question is, should i try to rebuild it or just pick it up and part it out? I am sure thereare other "wonderful" little probelms with it as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
get it. if all else fails, sell it the way it is, im sure you could get your money back.

get a used engine to replace it, it will be easier and cheaper then rebuilding it in the end, probably.

if you cant find an engine, part it. and if it has black interior, sell me the driver's side knee panel

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sometimes one must die so that others may live..........part it!

If it has the gray interior I need a leather passenger seat pad, headliner grab handle, passenger door map pocket, 1 or both of the tailgate straps, and the cargo cover. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TheBoss said:
Sometimes one must die so that others may live..........part it!
That is awesome! I'll let you guys know which route I decide to take (I am surely going to pick it up), and I'll post some pics of it as well.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Fix it and keep! Then I can sell you parts for it!! :lol: :lol: I can't make money off you if you part it out.. :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scotty said:
Fix it and keep! Then I can sell you parts for it!! :lol: :lol: I can't make money off you if you part it out.. :lol:
LOL! Funny you should pop up! I was thinking of you the second I posted this :lol:

My gut tells me part it out, it's easier. My heart says to fix it up because I hate to see one go to waste (I know, I'm a softie :oops: ). I think I want to open some sort of Rover "animal shelter" where I can take them in and try to rehabilitate them :lol:

Either way, it has the tan interior.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
I love the P38 you all know that, but the truth of the matter is you will make a small fortune parting it out!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scotty said:
I love the P38 you all know that, but the truth of the matter is you will make a small fortune parting it out!
LOL! To be very honest with you (and everyone on here), my plan to part it is supposed to be my way to a means of buying one in better shape! :think:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I will be rebuilding my spare motor soon, which means I will have my 4.6 either to rebuild and sell, or sell as is, and Wi isnt far from Mo is it?............Just sayin....
Or if you really are that sentimental, I will buy it and drop a motor into it!
Martin

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided against doing this, as I have no spare time lately... Wish I did, but I think for now one P38 is enough in my garage :think:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts