RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just joined and posted some information about myself in the intro section - It would be rude not to!

In case you haven't ready my intro I am from the UK. I don't have a garage big enough for a Range Rover but am OK with knowing the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver.

My dilema
I drive a modern car which I was looking to change this year. I have always wanted a Range Rover and the Classic has always been an interest to me. In conversation with my better half last night I revealed to her my love of the Classic and jokingly suggested we buy one as our main (only) car. I then suggested that we look at buying a Rangie circa 2006 to 2008. Shockingly unfazed, she said buy a classic.

It will be our only car - at least for a while and now I am torn between buying a Classic, a later model or going sensible and staying modern (but not a Rangie). My Budget is circa £10k to £15k and I would commute around 30 miles a weekday in it.

What am I scared of
A classic money pit that needs welding and smells of old socks (I can't weld).
A later model where something goes bang and I need to spend another £5k.
Driving a non Rangie - again - and never achieving my dream of owning one.

Any advice would be welcome - except any suggestions to visit a Dacia dealer.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
24 Posts
I would look for a clean classic for around 10k, and keep the 5k towards running it for a year or two.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
Personally I would go and test drive a few different models before buying anything.
I started out looking at Discovery`s, liked them a lot....and then I jumped in a 2008 RR TdV8 Vogue SE mk3 L322, fell in love and then searched for the best one for my budget....
Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you go for.
Regards
John (Gloucester UK)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts