RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I miss my 07 l322 and the temptation to get another is getting strong. My dream rover is a 2009 supercharged (but would settle for HSE). I'd prefer this because 2009 is the newest Jag engine Rover I can buy. I like the reliability of those engines and a 2009 should place me out of danger of the dreaded steering column ECU. Even 09's are now getting up there in years but I still feel I would be better off with an 09 than a 10+. The 10+ look so good though and I love the interior. However the 5.0 engine scares me to death and I don't think I could stomach a timing chain repair when the dreaded rattle and CEL come and it seems like it's inevitable. Any advice? 2009's are very hard to find optioned well and I'd like to stay away from older trucks though an 07-08 model still may be cheaper to maintain and more reliable than a 2010+. Let me know your thoughts on this! Thanks!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
once you drive a 510HP Range its hard to go back to 320HP as an option buy a 2012 with a later VIN
That said i like the comfort of the 2005 Oxford leather seats better than the 2010 SC seats ,
even though they are 2010 cooled and heated the leather is thin and the seat just feels weak.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Not sure I would agree. LR has improved reliability with each year. Yes, there were a lot of changes in 2010 that introduced some issues but largely all fixed. So I would get the most recent model year RR that you can afford. I picked up my 2011 HSE Lux with ~70,000 miles about an year ago and have had no issues other than regular maintenance items (oil, brake pads) and pre-emptive maintenance that I've done (decided to flush transmission just in case). No issues at all. Drives like a champ and it's beautiful. I did install tow hitch receiver and deployable steps and changed a lot of the exterior trim to match autobiography (Grill, side vents, etc).

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
41 Posts
I had an '09 SC and it was amazing, I absolutely loved it. Other than routine maintenance, I did have to replace both front air springs at 100k miles which is fine. There was not a single thing I could complain about, it was a dream. I totaled it a few weeks ago, and after I got over the loss, and got the settlement check, I bought a '12 SC. The difference is night and day. The '09 had more sound-proofing from road/ tire noise than previous years, and I though it was perfect. The '12 is even more insulated. Like, silent. And rush of power from the 5.0 SC'd 510HP engine is ridiculous. No 3 ton vehicle should accelerate like that! Plus, all the nice new items in the 10+ are wonderful to have.

Of course I am concerned about the timing chain issues, but if it happens it happens. I'd pay the $4k to get it repaired because this vehicle is definitely worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts