RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lease is ending in 5 weeks for my 2016 HSE TD6 with 34k miles . The residual purchase price if I want is $54k (plus tax obviously). MSRP was $102,970. It's in good condition. Any opinions on whether that is over/under/at market value?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
How much longer do you plan on keeping it? Because it depends on cost of up keeping versus getting into another lease.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is more, is that price more or less than market value? The question of the pros and cons of buying a used range rover is kind of secondary.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My question is more, is that price more or less than market value? The question of the pros and cons of buying a used range rover is kind of secondary.
$54k is under wholesale for the mileage and a condition of good, but prices are coming down and will continue in that direction with ‘19’s arriving and ‘18 Deals on the horizon.

That said, buying it outright now only makes sense if you plan on keeping it several more years. If not, you’re in a really great spot to trade it and utilize the equity.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
In a quick scan I found qty 15, certified 2016 RR HSE TD6 offered on Auto Trader. 14.1k miles asking 74.1k to 57,155 miles asking 60k. The closest mileage to yours = 31,104 miles, asking 66.5k (KBB says 64-74k) I don't know your options, nor did I check these vehicles, but your dealer price looks better than pricing for buyers looking for a certified 2016 hse td6.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
If you are going to keep it as I did with one of my last L322's...I knew the exact history of the vehicle which had very low mileage and knew I was going to keep it a few more years (also knowing that it would not worth very much years later...if you are going to get another new one within a year or so...pull the trigger earlier...if you have a business take advantage of the accelerated depreciation.....do keep in mind that if you buy it and then get a new one and you trade it into the dealer you will save the sales tax on the differences between what they give you and the purchase of a new one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts