RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm currently leasing an 08 LR2 and my lease is set to expire at the end of April, next month. My lease buyout option is 20k and I was pretty stupid and paid full sticker price for it, as it was sold for 41k when I bought it.

So now I'm at a standpoint, I test drove the 2010 RRS and I absolutely fell in love with that. However I'm not sure whether I should get that or I'm really considering the LRX, as I heard it was coming out in the 3rd quarter of next year. The LR2 has been a fine car for me and I've enjoyed it very much, although I gotta say...after walking from the 2010 RRS back in my LR2, it felt like I was in a piece of crap, lol.

I was hoping you guys might provide me with some incite on whether you think I should maybe buy the LR2 and wait till the LRX or screw all that, turn in the LR2 and get in the 2010 RRS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Thats like saying should I get the Benz or the Jetta (Jetta FTW!!!)

If price is an issue wait until the 2011 LRX is out. Dont buy the LRX this year. just in case of bugs or other issues.

If you can afford the 2010 RRS, get it. There is no comparison between what you have and what you just fell in love with.

Wait until next year if you have an extra vehicle to drive until any bugs are fixed on either vehicle.

post pics when you get your ride!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I'm in total agreement. With the LRX being completely new in their lineup, I would definitely not trust a first year run of the car...although, if price was a matter, I'm really liking the new LR4's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the problem is that the LRX comes out next year, not this year. So if I wanted to buy the 2nd year version of the LRX, I would have to wait until 2012. As for the price, I've been paying 1k/month for the past 2 years on my LR2, if I got a brand new RRS it would be about the same cost, although I wouldn't mind cutting my expenses to pay $500-600 in order to buy my LR2. If I do wait, when is a good time to buy the RRS to get a real good deal on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
I think the answers to the purchase side of your questions put you at buying next year.

Buy a 2010 RRS in 2011 when the 2011's come out, or just buy a 2011.
Buy the LRX towards the end of next year.

Like I said...if you have a third vehicle, I would rool that and be patient. Maybe turn your LR2 back in, save the payments for a down payment on your next vehicle.

Check out the LR4's as well. Also, the bugs in the 2010 RRS dont seem to be that bad where you will hate the truck.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top