RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on ambishop's camera topic, but I was looking for a wider range of feedback so I guess I'll create a topic.

I'm now starting to see good prices on 03-04 rovers with 40k-50k miles from $38-$42 thou. I'm wondering should I go ahead and pay more for an 05 with the touchscreen dvd nav/bluetoothe, or pay less for an 03-04 and upgrade everything (get mark IV dvd nav, new radio module and mp3 cd player, aux audio input, back up camera). I was leaning more towards an 05 until I saw ambishop upgrade his 03. He basically has everything an 06 does (including reverse cam) except off-road nav..all on his 03. Do you think I would come out better going for the 05, probably at around $45-46, or get an 03-04 and several thousand $$ worth of parts like he did? Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

G

·
If I was in your position I would go for the 05.

The mods are great, but I would get the newer RR with less miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
If you can fly the 05, go for it...The updates are nice if you already have 03, but the 05 is still BMW powered, with a good Nav, (maybe bluetooth).

Markus, you have an 05, right..?

His is great.

Mark

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Mark! I love the 05. Ours has been bulletproof for 37k+ miles now. Replaced the front pads at 31K miles. Changed the oil and filter at 1600 and then 5K intervals. Had two rear tires replaced under warranty when they ate metal objects in the road (two different occasions).

My parents have a trouble-free 2004 as well. Their's has 21K miles or so. Rarely driven. Those Goodyears are very noisy. Definitely get the Synchrones if you have the choice.

On the 05 the touchscreen and improved stereo and yes bluetooth are nice bonuses. I don't think either one of us uses the auto-on headlight feature. I like the offroad nav screen that shows wheel articulation. The DVD-based nav is a marked improvement over the 04.

I guess it comes down to price and the respective vehicles. If you could pick between similar mileage and condition cars, the 05 is worth a small premium over the 04. I couldn't say how much of a premium...

Best of luck with the search!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts