RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy at work at the moment so I don't have that much spare time on my hands so sadly Iris has had to to into a garage for some work to be done (nothing serious).

So '98 Range Rover Autobiography V8 goes into garage and Daewoo "Latriné XS" comes out to play! :think: It has no fuel cap, this is due to weight reduction so it goes faster, it also has strangely placed curves in most of the pannels, I think this is to catch the wind and ease the G forces on the car as it takes on corners at break neck speeds with ease. It also has some custom "Speed Lines" apparently if your a skilled craftsman all you need to add these is a coin or a key, again, I think this is for aerodynamics. The passenger sun visor has fallen... er been removed because the co driver doesnt need it, he needs to study the race notes and times. I think its got a posh racing gear box in it because its hard to get it into 5th and the stick rocks in time with the engine speeding up or slowing down, I'm guessing this is at least 40BHP extra on the standard racing gearbox? It has had the ignition barrel removed and a tilt switch ignition and push button start system fitted... although the keys are coded and thus have to be placed inside the housing of where the barrel once was to start it, I take it this is an aftermarket racing addition? I don't recall any of the other Latriné's having this fitted, is it an extra on the XS? I think its so you can get out of Mcdon.... the pit lanes faster. There are lots of random bangs and thuds so I guess the current owner hasnt had the sports suspention properly calibrated, it must still be on gravel/mud rally mode. It has the stale cabbage fragrance unique to the later of the Latriné's, with the ever popular ability to switch to a second fragrance at speed, in this case burning stale cabbage.

I might sell the RR and get one of these, Cuz it's SICK INNIT BLAD! GangstA!

Some pictures of DA BEAST INNIT!

:roll: on a serious note, how could this ever act as a temp stand in for a massive car with excellent offroad ability and load carrying/towing capasity? :lol:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Take the hubcaps off and you should get a 1kg weight saving. Should lower your 4min 0-60 time by a couple of secs.

That's luxury compared to what I get as a courtesy car

The one I get is a sportier blue and automatic; at least you put the lever in what could only loosely be termed 'drive' and there is some degree of forward motion.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Daewoo was a huge flop here in the States. There is only a very limited market of folks wanting to drive a car that had a jock strap logo on the trunk. Latriné / latrine? What a crappy name!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Over here garages don't even know the word 'courtesy', let alone the meaning of 'courtesy car'.
Consider yourself lucky.
:lol:

G

·
0 Posts
If you got the daewoo for free then be thankful, not many dealers or indys in the states will give you a rental car for an out of warranty P38 without paying for it. Kmag, your statement is bittersweet, its sad that a new daewoo is worth less than our trucks, even though the (wood) in the car costs more than one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I share the same mentality as some others on here.
If your shoddy workmanship results in my car becomming unusuable after it's left your garage then your going to give me somthing capable of everything I need mine for, for free, untill you have fixed mine correctly.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
933 Posts
this is the courtesy vehicle I get sometimes. It's an ex-crown vehicle so basic spec, no sat nav, basic A/C (no climate control), cloth seats, no cruise etc etc. It is also full of holes in the dash and all sorts of other places where equipment was mounted. Saying that, it's nice to drive, very quick for such a large vehicle (IMO) and, secretly, on days when I have it because my P38 is poorly... <cough>icouldalmostkeepit<cough>

When that isn't around (like this last month - the heating has stopped working in it, do the DIII's have blend motors that fail like our P38's?!) I usually get a battered old diesel Freelander.

-Will :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Max said:
If you got the daewoo for free then be thankful, not many dealers or indys in the states will give you a rental car for an out of warranty P38 without paying for it. Kmag, your statement is bittersweet, its sad that a new daewoo is worth less than our trucks, even though the (wood) in the car costs more than one.
We gotta find you some new dealers/repair shops. Between my mechanic in Chicago and the one in LA, I get some nice loaner cars. I bring my going to be 11 year old Lexus LX470 in (in California), get a brand new BMW X5 4.8i, Range Rover Sport, ML550, etc... I also could request a car that they don't have. And I don't pay anything.

In Chicago, I get Land Cruisers, BMW 7 series sedans, etc.

If you need one out there in the FL, let me know, I do business with Fields Auto Group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts