RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2013 Range Rover Sport Base mode (SE) 5L V8-
ned to change the from air shockabsorbers .

kindly advice which one to buy . so many options when i searched amazon.available in different prices.

BuyAutoparts - 4 air struts 760 USD everything says OEM ..really confused.

any one have experience in buying range-rover parts from Amazon ?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
461 Posts
Amazon and eBay can be ok - but general advice - avoid made in China parts - not sure what the options are for your generation model - but for true oem - you can get discounted parts from dealers like landrover meriam- Atlantic British will have oe supplier alternatives - I went with dunlop(uk) units from lucky8 (sold through amazon or eBay) - very happy with those.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
507 Posts
I am planning on redoing my airshocks as well, will buy them from FCP Euro because of their lifetime warranty. I have ACE system and FCP EURO has front ones by Bilstein and rear ones by Arnott.
I don't think there is anything needs to be said about quality of Bilstein shocks and I have personally bought Arnotts for my previous RRS and workmaship/performance of those were excellent, again - life time warranty can not be beat - this is last time you'd be buying these ...
Oh, and FCP team is absolute pleasure to deal with - I am long time happy customer for last 5+ years starting with 2006 BMW X5 with 6SP manual.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here is link to Airshock page at FCP, please pay attention as some are for RRSs equipped with varriable damping system and some are not.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I bought 2 front struts form LRDirect that are brandless just said OEM 2 years ago - going straight to the garbage. Probably same no name struts from country starting with Ch, just paid more money then Amazon sells it now.
If your struts are obviously bad and you want to throw these in and quickly sell the vehicle - it is a good solution but if you plan on keeping the Rover, I'd stay away. Ride was harsh-er from very beginning so I'd be replacing the front ones just because I very not satisfied with ride quality.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i have a 2013 Range Rover Sport Base mode (SE) 5L V8-
ned to change the from air shockabsorbers .

kindly advice which one to buy . so many options when i searched amazon.available in different prices.

BuyAutoparts - 4 air struts 760 USD everything says OEM ..really confused.

any one have experience in buying range-rover parts from Amazon ?
Do not mean to hijack this thread but are there any owners out there who have bought REPLACEMENT Bilsteins for their Rover? Are these going to be NOS or recently manufactured without aging rubber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am pretty sure Bilstein are great airtruts, I'd out there are many unhappy owners who installed Bilsteins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts