RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I'd have to agree that I don't think Overfinch wouldn't falsify a product, but it'd be nice to see where the power is coming from. Looks like it may be at the rev limit as they raised it? I'm sure the exhaust and intake is "mega-bucks" alone on that one... :lol:

EDIT: What is the cost?

·
Registered
318 Posts
umbertob said:
Well, Overfinch does offer one such package, called Supercharged Sports Pack. Knowing the company, I am sure the numbers they advertise are not made up (meaning they dynoed the engine), they claim +50bhp and + 70lbft on the 4.2 liter S/C engine, obtained through a combination of "uprated" supercharger, reprogrammed ECU, freer flow cat-back exhaust system and air intake, and speed limiter removal. Also knowing the company, I imagine it costs mega-bucks. http://www.overfinch.com
Because its Overfinch and LR, yes this package would probably be a ton of money relative to other vehicles, even though it looks to be a very typical s/c'd engine upgrade (pulley, intake, exhaust, tune). This is assuming that by 'uprated supercharger' they mean putting out more boost via a smaller pulley with the same blower. If they mean an actual bigger displacement blower, then the cost of the upgrade would be astronomical and quite frankly anyone paying that much money for 50 hp needs a visit to psych ward. The apparent omission of injectors as part of this kit makes me think its just a smaller pulley, not a bigger blower...the last thing you want to do is starve a blown car of fuel.

Now that I think about it, I cannot imagine for the life of me that they would do an actual blower swap...and I am also interested to see what the price is.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Back in 2006 (when the performance upgrade first came out) Overfinch wanted something like 5 grands. :shock: That's British Pounds. :shock: :shock: Anyone willing to guess how much the conversion would cost in US$ from Overfinch USA, in 2009 and with today's exchange rates? I'm going with 10 K's, including 2 free Overfinch stickers. :geek:

·
Registered
318 Posts
umbertob said:
Back in 2006 (when the performance upgrade first came out) Overfinch wanted something like 5 grands. :shock: That's British Pounds. :shock: :shock: Anyone willing to guess how much the conversion would cost in US$ from Overfinch USA, in 2009 and with today's exchange rates? I'm going with 10 K's, including 2 free Overfinch stickers. :geek:
Actually it'd be about $7500 which is still ri-f'n-diculous. I understand its Land Rover, but come on...intake, exhaust, pulley and tune should cost roughly $1500-2000 US and that's WITH labor!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Our New Upper pulley provides 2.5-3 lbs of boost and should add a minimum of 55+ hp when coupled with PSE's High Performance S-Porting. The nose drive will be carefully machined down to allow clearance for the new pulley.

Range Rover porting through PSE Superchargers is exclusive to Eurotoys Ltd. and we are the first to provide this for your Range Rover. You can visit PSE Superchargers at: www.pse.us/index.htm

This procedure increases Eaton M112 supercharger efficiency, while decreasing blower discharge temperatures to give you more available power. This is for all Range Rover Models: Full-size Range Rover & Range Rover Sport S/C 4.2L.

Our supercharger is an Eaton M112, the exact one on my Cobra so I know its limits and capabilities.

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=1182

·
Registered
699 Posts
Drevs said:
Flash G said:
A 500hp SUV is a waste of money.
Unless you plan on drag racing every idiot at stoplights, the standard RRS is sufficient.
Right. Thanks for the puerile lesson on excess, "Mr. I-have-3-cars-two-of-which-are-the-same"
I didn't even have to look at your info to know you were posting from PRK.

Really though... the only advantage of a 500hp SUV vs. a 400hp SUV is that you can go from stoplight to stoplight faster.

You can't drive on the freeway faster. You can't corner faster. So what's the point?

And as for the Lotuses... one's a track car. The other a soft top road car.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts