RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Great Forum, thank you all for posting loads of Info.

My question is this.

If my current shock absorbers needs replacing can I fit GAS shock absorbers with my current EAS system????

Or should i keep with standard oil shock absorbers??

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,

many people here (including myself) are riding on Bilstein shocks (gas) with no problems.

N.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
bilstein makes a good gas shock designed to work with the EAS, many report that it's too harsh a ride (including me). I'm running terra-firma's now, and love them. They do a set specific to the p38 as well.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Either is fine... just find a set that suits you... Bilsteins are quite harsh but good for handling... Original "stock" Boges are comfortable but tend to be a bit soft... Terras are supposed to be a very good "in-between" but I haven't tried them yet..

I'm running Bilsteins on my 2" lifted P38 and would like them to be a bit softer for on-road comfort... off-road, they are great.

Best wishes, Paul.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Being in Southern Africa, maybe consider an oil damper over a gas one. Gas dampers tend to fail earlier than oil on fast corrugated murrum roads.

·
Registered
543 Posts
NamR - Howeszit.

Speak to "JeremyD" who's in town your way next week and he might be able to provide local feedback on suitable replacements !

The biggest hurdle from your end is finding a supplier who can source some of our suggestions we may make, otherwise it's an expensive exercise to get what your looking for Stateside or from the old country and what about if you need to get one fixed ?

Give us an idea of any type of terrain covered and the driving style you do in Namibia or whether your truck is loaded or empty.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To All thank you for the feed back.

We have a lot of gravel roads in namibia, and they are very corroded, sand and rock aswell. Our TAR is quite good.

My problem is going through bumbs the RR tends to bumb quite hard. The result is my shock is finished just which one to pick.

I travel quite often to the FARM 80km outside windhoek to the west those of you who want to have a look on google earth here is the co-ordinates. "S23 11.363 E16 36.467"

I have to get it fixed as I'm leaving next monay for Chobe Botswana.

Thank you for all the info.

will give JeremyD a shout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts