RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great deal on a roof rack, but it's on the east coast. Seller says shipping freight is the only option and last time they checked it was $600 to ship just to Colorado, which kills any saving on the price of the rack. Anyone ever ship a roof rack? Does this sound right?

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds a little high, but not extortionately so (depending on your carrier and delivery schedule)
You have to remember that when you have something that size that can't be dismantled any further (i'm assuming it's all welded together) you're paying based upon the volume it takes up in the delivery vehicle. Think how many small parcels can go in the area taken up by you one larger one. They have to get all those "bits" of profit lost by not being able to ship those many parcels and recover it in one lump sum, from you.

Now if they regularly ship your way, it does seem a little high, as I would have thought they would have negotiated special rates.

BTW, it always costs more to have things shipped to a residential address. Can you have it shipped to your place of work? Might save you a few $$'s

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
Way too high Phil I think.

I just shipped a Bajarack from Houston to Minnesota for $175, similar size, maybe not the same weight, perhaps a bit lighter than what you have in mind. However, even though I benefitted from a corporate rate, the individual rate (non corporate account) would have been 275 I believe. Also, as mentioned above, shipping to an office address definitely saved $ than shipping to a private residence...

Check R&L Carriers - pity I just thru away my invoice from them this week...let me see if I have any other contacts elsewhere.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
mine came from Fl to Calif. it was 300.00 fedx

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
I recently shipped a 71 Eldorado hood from Charlotte to Seattle for $275. Similar if not larger dimentions and a heck of alot heavier! Took two weeks.

G

·
0 Posts
My Safety Devices rack cost $140 to ship from MI to FL via FedEx freight. If you call Fedex and set everything up over the phone they will give you a 60% discount on shipping.

·
Registered
71 Posts
mine came from 'Scotty' to 'tasi' USD $270
big thanks to Scotty, it was a nightmare to organize but UPS delivered within a week.

..........................tasi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts