RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the LSE is back from the harage and all seems well again.Already said a big thank you :pray:

Took her out for some A road and Motorway driving to check all ran correct and she had no overheating or fluid loss. It poured down while out and I did find another problem or twoo I will have to sort;
Rear wipe non working (wash works)
fuel cover not releasing (couldthese be connected? A fuse maybe?)
heated front window clears all but 2 x 1" vertical strips right in the driver line of vision.
Blower does not blow on window though air con seems to be working. Mid vents blow air and I think foot vents are OK also.
Blower switch works only in full on position.
sticky rear driverside passenger window
Cruise control non functioning

While removing the amp and bass box to access the filler lock I discovered it had been bypassed and the bass speaker cut out :shock:

She seemed a little low on power until I discovered I was only pressing the pedal 1/2 - 2/3 the way down. Goes erm... well when floored :shhh:

I am sure there is more to come (including the bill :cry: and will update you as I go. Any advice on the above gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interior lights do not come on when doors or hatch opened. Odd because I am sure they used to.
Not sure if dashboard lights are working.

Fixed filler lock.

:pray:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jobs done so far.
After advice from a chap who races RR's and drives LPG'd ones I have fitted a free flow air filter. K&N type
Bought a SH ABS pump for £35 and had a heater speed switch and good fusebox cover thrown in for free :D
Same chap is breaking 2 LSE's aym so if anything is needed. Located S/Wales UK but he will ship.
Fitted the pump so no more woody woodpecker hammering under the hood. :clap:
Found perished bend in vac pipe for C/Control so now that is working also. At what speed can you set it? Seems OK but only over 60mph.

Thinking of getting the gigher quality 10mm racing plug leads next. On the - side it sounds like there may be a leak in the exhaust somewhere.

Am I chuffed though? Of course I am :D

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
201 Posts
ditch that K&N filter for a Genuine paper filter. New plug wires and ignition parts will go along way. Have you had a look at the fluids in the driveline?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The filter does seem to majke it run better and the rubber elbow between the air flow thingy and the plenum(?) now does not look collapsed as it did with the stock filter (new one doesn't push back on it).

I have sorted my ICE fitment but more on that later in my other thread. I also now have fully functioning Bluetoothe. As I said the C/Control is now working and I have also managed to find the blown fuse that stopped the Sigma Alarm/immobiliser from working (It was under the driver lower dash panel). It was fun as when I put the new fuse in and blipped it all worked perfectly until.... A cloud of black smoke billowed out from under the driverside bonnet. Thankfully it was only the alarm siren that had shorted out. Probably the cause of the riginal blown fuse. Smoke stopped when I blipped it again and then I disconnected and removed the siren. So I need a new one of those.

Still cannot find the problem with the interior lights (Don't work with doors opened, does from the switch) or the rear wiper. I still think these are connected in some way. Also still have the headlight wash to sort as well. Then it is onto the body with a couple of dents and some surface rust to repair.

I will be taking her back to the shop on Thursday to have the timing checked as she is a little hessitent on petrol. Perfect on LPG though.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The leak in the exhaust may be coming from where the downpipes attach to the manifolds. These have a tendency to work loose, but is an easy fix.

I wonder whether the interior lights is due to one of the door plunger switches having failed in the 'door open' position. I think that if you leave the doors open, the interior light goes out after a while - if yours had failed in that closed-circuit position, then I assume the lights would just stay off. It would also prevent the rear wiper from working, because it's the interior light circuit being on that stops the rear wiper from running when the rear tailgate is open. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did think of that but discounted it as the suspension works as it should and I believe that the door switches inhibit it if they are open. I will check the rear hatch one though just in case.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes has a standard one. She sounds tinny or metalic rattley sort of noise. Mechanic said he hadn't noticed anything but is vhecking again Friday. He even said they all sound like that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
mine too, I had the centre section replaced as it was blowing but on acceleration I can also still hear a tinny rattly noise, almost sounds like its coming from under the passenger footwell.

i dont remember my dads 3.5V8 Rangie sounding like that when i was a kid.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My LSE sounded pretty ordinary as standard. I just cut off the rear muffler (as you know centre muffler is huge anyway) and welded on a straight pipe. Not too loud but at least you can hear the V8 burble.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to the above re the door switches. I checked the tailgate and lo an behold the new one is a different profile so was not depressing the switch fully. A bit of stick on draft excluder tape and all working great again.

New job discovered. Driver side mirror does not demist.

New question. Where is the radio antenna on these? I have the electric front screen. Is it part of it and if so does it need a booster?

Still have some trim work to do and then the bodywork. and not even half way through my week off yet. Mind you just offf to the dentist :-(

·
Registered
523 Posts
craigvmax said:
I can also still hear a tinny rattly noise, almost sounds like its coming from under the passenger footwell.
That sounds like a dodgy catalyst. Mine sounds like a Caribbean steel band in full swing.

TehPriest said:
New question. Where is the radio antenna on these? I have the electric front screen. Is it part of it and if so does it need a booster?
Should be in one of the rear side windows I think.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The aerial's in the rear side window, think its drivers and there's an RF booster/amplifier in the headlining.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Now all I have to do is figure out how to detach the headlining :roll:

More work done. Finished the triple power take off panel where the radio used to sit. (Bluetoothe gubbins is behind it) Pushed out, filled and prepped the tailgate dent. Sorted the catch (see other post) Fitted drink holders into cubby box. I will be fitting the DVD player in the back of it when I get another cd player to fit in the console I built then I can hook up to the roof LCD panel. Need to get two vents to replace non functioning ones. Going to replace rear speakers as they blow on high volumes. Cleared surface rust from wheel arch and prepped. Found some welding that needs doing on the bottom hinge (rear crossmember) of the tailgate.

Engine wise I may need a new water pump (see other post). Ordered the race quality plug leads (10mm wound core) @ £60 all in. Ordered replacement siren for the melted on the alarm system.. Ordering the abs pump feet, bonnet release cable and may treat her to a set of crystal headlights.

Now a couple of picture for you to ID. The first I know is a vacuum reservoir but for what? The second is a pipe which is unrelated but not attached to anything. Where does it go and what is it for?

·
Registered
269 Posts
The hose in the second pic could be for the headlight washers

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Diggaz said:
The hose in the second pic could be for the headlight washers
That may be why they are not working then but I can find nowhere to plug it into.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The vacuum res is for the heater.

Can't help with the other.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looks like you are doing alot of work to her, good luck. All the connections are located on the back side of the windsheild washer res, atleast they are on mine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts