RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was suggested a while back, when i posted asking ways people have fixed rear bumper warping, that i could add a strip of treadplate like on the sport to keep the plastic in contact with the bumper.
is this feasible? what would be involved with this? has anone done it or photographed a p 38 that has done it? could it be black? how is it secured? with adhesive or rivets? would i be seeking a raw piece of treaded metal and having someone cut to my measurements? how thin would it be to avoid rubbing the lower gate when opened?
some of the members here fabricate their tits off and i was looking for their input. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, i drilled small holes in the bumper shell and zip tied it to the underside of the bumper internals with black heavy duty zips. it's solid and barely noticible. at some point i'll replace it, but it's now the height it was from the factory and my paint is thanking me for that.
so it's a success as far as my budget is concerned right now.
obviously the plate would be cool as it would, as that member suggested, fix the warping issue permanently and add traction to the bumper which i frequently climb on. it's often wet out when i do it and i like to drink. alot. the situation it most frequently occurs is bonfires when you're not parked where the firelight is reaching your truck.
you know how it goes guys. you get to the destination and start drinking. a couple hours later you or your wife need something or decide to unpack. with me it's always an awkward shape like fishing rods on the roof. or a tackle box that happens to have 10 pounds of weights in different sizes. or the xmas tree is a classic example for me. at that point it's dark and sometimes snowing or raining.
would someone with skills please guide me on this. in theory it seems quite doable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dutchfrompredator said:
it was suggested a while back, when i posted asking ways people have fixed rear bumper warping, that i could add a strip of treadplate like on the sport to keep the plastic in contact with the bumper.
is this feasible? what would be involved with this? has anone done it or photographed a p 38 that has done it? could it be black? how is it secured? with adhesive or rivets? would i be seeking a raw piece of treaded metal and having someone cut to my measurements? how thin would it be to avoid rubbing the lower gate when opened?
some of the members here fabricate their tits off and i was looking for their input. thanks in advance.
Had mine replaced under warranty twice. The third has not warped.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the warranty ship sailed long ago. and it looks fine so i'm not going to replace it. it's either going to remain as is or get covered by treadplate to reinforce and be functional.
anyone ever buy treaded steel and cut to size for anything? rv? trailer? boat? p38 bumper? defender fenders? swingset? ramp? anything?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts