RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a pair of sheepskin seat covers for the front seats in my 91 classic - there seems to be a bunch of places selling the same thing and you have a choice of tailored, semi-custom, and universal fit. Was wondering if anyone had bought any, and which version they went with? Is there any difference between the vendors, or do they all get their covers from the same place? Would really like to see pics if anyone has them. Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
This picture might help - my mate who bought this car new in 1991 loved them but I think he had them custom made. To his horror, after I purchased the vehicle I changed the seats to P38 leather ones that are far more comfortable due to the slightly larger seat area. The P38s are the most comfortable I have had on any of my 8 range rovers. They came out of a wrecked vehicle and I had them repaired with new seats in Connelly leather for only $A600 - a a bargain

91_rr_seat_with_sheepskin (498 x 600).jpg p38_seat for Renfield.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just managed to find a set of OEM covers and I will say that I think that's the obvious choice if you can track a set down. They have shrunk a bit but after talking to an upholstery shop it sounds like they will stretch out and fit as they should after a little bit of time. I looked for about 4 months before a set became available so if you're patient and diligent the right ones will come along. Good luck!

IMG_3850.JPG

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look fantastic! Not sure what the chances of finding a decent set are, but I will be looking...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK - I have been scouring the forums for months and have not been able to find OEM covers... I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and go with something like "shearcomfort" "comfy sheep" or "rocky mountain sheepskin"... has anyone got covers from any of these vendors? They offer different versions (semi-custom, tailored...) and was hoping someone might have a pair on their RRC and like to share their thoughts.
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
GigRiggs-

Let me know where you land on the sheepskins. I, too, have been scouring for a couple months and am growing impatient. Want to keep the interior of my ‘86 stock, but the teddy bear velour is nearly impossible to find, so sheepskins are a logical alternative while I solve this. A collector by me thinks that that perhaps the new Land Rover/Jaguar restoration facility being built in Atlanta means more parts and materials will come available again in the next few years. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I just read in the latest "Alloy and Grit" that the North American Classic Center has been put on hold indefinitely... I think I'm going to pull the trigger soon on some tailormade ones from Shearcomfort or Rocky Mountain Sheepskins.
I did try a cheapy from Costco the other day on my driver's seat but wasn't really happy with the look or fit so I took it back - wasn't totally awful, but I'd rather get something that looked a bit more fitted and didn't have the straps so visible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hadn’t heard about the Classic Center- that’s unfortunate. Thanks for the lead on the sheepskin suppliers- their custom fit models look pretty solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts