RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a a 2015 ATB LWB on order and due for delivery Dec 5th. I am considering acquiring plush sheep skin mats for front and rear. Live in South Florida and really don't do off road, nor do we experience the mud and snow issues like some of you. Has anyone had any experience with sheep skin mats? I remember being in a Rolls sometime ago, and I was so impressed with the plush mats. Does anyone know of a good ource for the mats that offer high quality products and mats specifically customized for the RR? I do appreciate the comments and advice.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Classic
98 Posts
I wouldn't do it. They only look good when pristine. You may not go off road, but it rains everywhere and not every parking lot is as clean as you would like. I have a friend who has some kind of really soft leather mats in his Rolls, and like you, he doesn't go off road. In fact, he is a clean freak with all of his cars. He regrets not getting carpet mats. Although his leather ones looked amazing at first, eventually they developed spots and other stains that drive him nuts since the rest of the car looks so much better. Bottom line, if you like your car to look perfect inside, don't get leather floor mats. Get mats that will disguise the inevitable stains that will develops no matter how careful you are. Now, if you won't be driving it much more than you would a Ferrari or some other exotic sports car, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But hopefully you intend to put more than a few thousand on your rover.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
South Florida ... you get lots of rain! I'm in southern CA, with hardly any rain the last few years, and it sounds like they would be high-maintenance mats. If you are just going to put them in for special occasions, like we do with pretty bathroom towels, then it might be worth it just for the enjoyment you get out of it and not for their practical use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts