Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2016 Range Rover sport. I had the brakes replaced at the dealership. The next day while driving the car (on the expressway in rush hour traffic) the brakes started acting funny. The end result was the inside caliper (I think) shearing my rear wheel hub in half. I looks like the dealership neglected to put one of the caliper bolts in. Had the car towed back to the dealership. The mechanic said it only needs a new tire and wheel and that the brakes, calipers, etc are all fine. This seems strange given the damage. Any thoughts? Are there any parts I should be worried about?

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,674 Posts
That is incompetence and negligence. Lucky no one was hurt. The picture shows the whole inside of the rim sectioned in two pieces. They better offer you more than a wheel and tire. I've done many brake jobs over the years. There is no way any competent mechanic could leave out one of two caliper mounting bolts. That also means they weren't torqued. The guy should be fired and the dealership should be held accountable. If the tire was the least bit worn, ask for a new set of four. This is almost newsworthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts