RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Marty’s intervention my 1998 4.6 lives once more. Had a write off incident with her in December was running but laid up until last week when I thought it time to do the cosmetic repairs and return her to the road. Wouldn’t start, locking wouldn’t work Marty had unlocked the becm 3 ye,ars ago so knew whilst these things are complex they are in lots of ways simple if you work logically. Since my stroke 2 years ago I have little stamina or strength or patience. So armed with his guidance ( thanks Martin) I weighed back in yesterday fitted a replacement lock from spares still no joy but massaged the electrical connections sprayed with contact cleaner entered eka and hey ho she fired up. Forgot I’d disconnected the gearbox oil cooler until I got sprayed with oil Duh! so moral is perseverance seek forum guidance and forgiveness And like British rail you should get there in the end, hopefully. So wings now off need to trim some inner wings to allow me to weld in the new headlamp carrier shell fit the other bits and be back on the road in a few weeks. Noticed the rear of the headlining has started to droop now so that’s another thread to search

·
Registered
755 Posts
Head liner kit , look at martrim, 60quid, choice of colours, and finish, easier with 2 people when stretching it over the carrier.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers had seen that name come up in posts defo a way to investigate when she’s back on t’road thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts