Range Rovers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there! I’m in the same boat. I’m in Florida and put down a deposit in January. I was told at that time 12 to 18 months…. I haven’t received an order number from the dealership just the receipt for deposit. I’m getting ancy myself. This will be my first Range Rover , I previously owned a Jaguar XJ. I hope it worth the wait and all of the hype. I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything additional.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I am actually surprised the wait is that short. I would have thought by now they'd be sold out for the first 3 years, given everything that's going on in the car world. As for dealer inventory, I would guess the dealers will each get a demo or two but they will not sell them right away.

Reactions: CMOriginals

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am actually surprised the wait is that short. I would have thought by now they'd be sold out for the first 3 years, given everything that's going on in the car world. As for dealer inventory, I would guess the dealers will each get a demo or two but they will not sell them right away.
no mass produced car i know of is ever sold out for 3 years. on paper the "sold" list might as well be written with pencil (not ink) and on toilet paper as people on the list drop like flies every week. covid has affected the world alot- but under ordinary circumstances once those cars start being produced they build up inventory fast.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
no mass produced car i know of is ever sold out for 3 years. on paper the "sold" list might as well be written with pencil (not ink) and on toilet paper as people on the list drop like flies every week. covid has affected the world alot- but under ordinary circumstances once those cars start being produced they build up inventory fast.
Generally speaking, I agree with you, but Covid shutdowns from 2 years ago still have dealer lots empty today. Now add the invasion on top of that, and 3 years wait could very well become the new normal for a newly launched car like this one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Generally speaking, I agree with you, but Covid shutdowns from 2 years ago still have dealer lots empty today. Now add the invasion on top of that, and 3 years wait could very well become the new normal for a newly launched car like this one.
Only time will tell, but I don't think demand will be that great for multiple years. Remember this is a $120-170k vehicle.

I know the G Wagon has 3-year demand, but it's a different vehicle with about 1/2 the sales of the Rover.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Anyone have any updated ship dates, I was told mine is on boat on the way here. What dock do east coast deliveries head to?
Last I checked, they said mine was to be built on 4/8. I plan on reaching out to my SA on 4/9 or so to see if it was actually built.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I was told that most '22 orders were converted to '23, including mine. Here's the latest update on mine

Rectangle Font Technology Circle Number

Reactions: CMOriginals

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
After waiting a little while, got word from our dealer last week that our car went into production and should be here around August/September. I had reached out to the dealer the day the L460 was revealed so we were pretty high on the waitlist. We are being hit with a $10k market adjustment premium which was a little frustrating since they didn't mention that for 4 months, but since we have equity in our 2019 it will cover the difference.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Number

·
Registered
2015 S63 AMG Sedan
18 Posts
After waiting a little while, got word from our dealer last week that our car went into production and should be here around August/September. I had reached out to the dealer the day the L460 was revealed so we were pretty high on the waitlist. We are being hit with a $10k market adjustment premium which was a little frustrating since they didn't mention that for 4 months, but since we have equity in our 2019 it will cover the difference.

that's really not cool! I'll need to decide what to do if/when my dealer does the same thing.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts