·
Registered
2 Posts
1999 p38
4.6 use
255/55/18
80/20 city highway 14 mpg
Straight highway between 19-21 depending on traffic
City is midtown Manhattan so 14 is remarkable for anything that size I have a new Mercedes will all the gas saving Bell's and that only pulls 21 and it might fit in the back of I left the hatch open if you get my drift.

Empty redzone is 4 gallons

·
Registered
39 Posts
Based on those numbers it sounds like I need to get a VAP Crank Pulley + Tune asap! Even if your dash numbers are off by 15%, that's 20-21mpg highway and just under 19mpg city, which is fantastic.
Do you have any modifications or are you fully stock?

My last tank the display showed 22.1mpg. When I did the math to account for my larger tires, then divided that by the gallons pumped it came out to 19.1mpg or 13.5% worse than the readout.

I ultimately don't care as much about the fuel economy, but I do wish I had a bigger fuel tank so I could drive 500+ miles between fill-ups somewhat regularly. Maybe the 2021 with a twin-turbo V8 will put out similar power while getting better fuel economy?
I was digging around in my CCFs last night to retrofit Adaptive cruise control and look what I found... looks like the trip computer comes configured to show 8% better MPG then what it calculates. It allows you to select down to -8% in .5 percent increments. I guess if you really wanted to tweak in the dash display mpg it’s possible

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was digging around in my CCFs last night to retrofit Adaptive cruise control and look what I found... looks like the trip computer comes configured to show 8% better MPG then what it calculates. It allows you to select down to -8% in .5 percent increments. I guess if you really wanted to tweak in the dash display mpg it’s possible View attachment 283621
What is this tool you have and where do I buy one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2015 L494 sdv6 with a Quantum remap. Approx 360bhp.
Average tank to tank I get 43.7mpg.
Computer and working out by hand there is less than .5mpg difference.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
19 Posts
@Stu1974
Impressive. What is your driving profile?
Because.. above 120kph the SDV6 is going to 9l/100km (25-28mpg)

·
Registered
65 Posts
2020 HSE p360:
So far, I've averaged 16.6 in 2500 miles of driving- so below even the EPA city estimate of 19. That being said, most of that driving has been in low speed stop and go type situations, including a daily commute that includes a significant hill. Highway drives seem to easily get up to around 26/27. "Normal" city driving (flat terrain, slow but moving traffic) seems to average around 20-21.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts