RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 RRS S/C and I decided to fit it with the 275/45 20 Cooper Zeon LTZs because I had them on my fullsize RR and loved them. However today when I went by the shop they informed me that there is a severe vibration at anything past 45mph after installing these new tires. There was zero vibration with the stock size tires. So my question is, what could be causing this?

They are taking my car to another shop to balance the tires on a different machine but if that doesn't work what else could it possibly be? Defective tires?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Likely tires that are out of round and that can't be balanced. I had a similar problem on a truck I previously owned. The issue did not appear on the usual balance machine, but on a "road force" balancer that balances the tire at 55mph on the vehicle, it was very obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Sure sounds like at least one tire is out of round or unbalanced. I am not sure the Hunter road force balancing will fix it, but can identify which tire or tires need to be remounted or replaced.

I had the same problem on one of the Coopers I had on my last X308; took a new tire to fix it.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a follow up. I took the tires to a tire shop that had just recently bought brand new equipment including a roadforce balancing machine and a laser tire balancer. They mounted and balanced them and surprise surprise there was no shimmy or any issue whatsoever.

Moral of the story, don't waste your time somewhere with subpar equipment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts