RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I considered separating this into several posts but I didn't want to create 4 new posts:

First thing is first:

1) Ordered the DiscItalia brakes and rotors from brakeworld and I'm very very very happy with the pads, but not super happy with the rotors. The rotors are drilled and slotted which means they look cool (They're also painted), but they make a noise as you slow down when the discs are cold. I would HIGHLY recommend that pads as the dust is virtually gone now, but the rotors I would stick with plain rotors. I will post a video soon. Also, my dealer hinted last time that the after market rotors kinda make it so the warranty may not cover any brake related issues, which I understand. So if anything, I would go with OEM rotors and DiscItalia pads. Such and amazing set of pads for a great price.

2) The brake squeak problem turned out to be boosters. The booster was replaced and noise is completely gone now.

3) I buried the lead on this, but I think I'm selling the SVR. I picked up a new Acura NSX this past week and I have no room left. We got the new Discovery for the wife and now we're pretty short on space. I hate for the SVR to be the thing that gets cut but between the Disco and the NSX I get my fill. So the question is, what is the best way to sell this thing? I posted it on eBay yesterday but wondering if there's a way to put it into an actual car auction or not. If I don't get what I want for the SVR I'm just gonna keep it but on the drive way which is why I said "Thinking of " rather than "selling".

4) Lastly, I never really got around to writing a comprehensive review on the Velocity tune. But my real assessment now after several months is that it didn't add any power to the SVR. I think the SVR is pretty tapped out already. I am confident that it adds plenty to the normal V8. The reason I don't regret it though is that it killed the Eco mode stop feature so it was worth it in a way. I also think it improved the exhaust note a little which I posted in a video earlier.

And lastly, as a treat, here's a photo of the new beast that my 4-yr old son calls the "Fasty Nasty".

EKa3iaF.jpg

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Good info on the rotors as I'll need to change them out with the next brake service. I've long enjoyed the disc italia pads.

Congrats on the NSX! Beautiful car. Hopefully you find a buyer for the SVR.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info on the rotors as I'll need to change them out with the next brake service. I've long enjoyed the disc italia pads.

Congrats on the NSX! Beautiful car. Hopefully you find a buyer for the SVR.

I've decided to keep the SVR for now. I couldn't part with her. So you guys can't get rid of me.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
Lol!
Epic stable of cars and Bike ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
746 Posts
You know. I've itching about the new NSX as well. Grew up dreaming about the old NSX, kinda a dream but attainable car for me growing up. Still wants to do it (somebody). Congrats!!

-ThinkMac-

P.S. - need some pics of the NSX please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts