RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have read the post reguarding the SES but I think my issue is a little different then what I have seen.
My red SES came on about three weeks ago, I used my code reader and it displayed NO CODES it also displayed MIL off but clearly it's on.
I just went out to play with it again, and still no codes and the mil off was indecated. IT also displayed Monitors 0 incomplete,
and then displayed several other items like Misfire, Fuel, Catlyst, Evap, O2Snsr and O2 Htr then I think it displayed 7 Ready i'm not going
to pretent to know what this means. :? Unfortunately the scan tool is not real clear about these items any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, so if the ses sets no codes what is the purpose of it? Is it more critical then the check engine light, or less critical?

Thanks

Scotty

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
What's SES (apart from State Emergency Services here in Australia)?

I don't think mine has that light.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Service Engine Soon. It is mileage driven, not error driven. I have disabled a couple of them in the BeCM programming.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AHHH cool thank you CARL...I'll get my buddy to reset it with his test book....

Thanks scotty

·
Registered
401 Posts
Check the Secondary Air system *if you have it*, some of the hoses are prone to leaking and setting off the SES light. I'm waiting on a part for it till october. :(

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
The SES was only a early model item if I recall. The CEL was on all years and would be fault driven in stead of mileage driven. I could be wrong as I am the moron that can't figure out my A/C right now. :mrgreen:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
Ahh. We didn't get that light.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you guys...

Scotty

·
Registered
422 Posts
To revisit an old thread....

My car just popped up the Service Engine Soon light while driving this morning. I believe it is in a red color.

Originally, I was going to go to advanced auto parts to get an OBD2 reader so I could pull the codes but you guys are saying that it may return nothing when run? Should I take the car to a shop to look it over or maybe order a test book online?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depending on your location there are two lights, there is a check engine light and there is a service engine soon light. The service engine soon light is as stated above ( mileage driven) The check engine light is a code driven light.
The Test Book is a very expensive tool you would be better off buying a Fault Mate..

Scotty

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
86 Posts
My 2000 RR has a Service Engine Soon light driven by codes (although I think the color was orange not red). I just reset an Oxygen Sensor code with an OBD reader from the local auto parts store.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts