RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service reminder came on my truck last week and keep forgetting to look into it.

Judging by my usage I can only assume that I need an oil change but at this mileage does anyone have an idea what to estimated going rate of a service for this mileage?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
73 Posts
Change the oil yourself or take it to the any oil change garage, you will save over $200. In order for dealer to justify for the charge, they do a lot of check, in additional to the oil change. You also need to replace the cabin filter.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Let's be a bit more accurate.... you need to inspect the cabin filter. If the OP's climate in "SE Pennsylvania" has not been very dusty or pollen ridden since his last cabin filter change it may be fine.

·
Registered
2018 Velar R-Drynamic HSE P380
101 Posts
The service reminder came on my truck last week and keep forgetting to look into it.

Judging by my usage I can only assume that I need an oil change but at this mileage does anyone have an idea what to estimated going rate of a service for this mileage?

Thanks

here is the rundown of my 75k service at the dealership 2 years ago

[h=2]75k Factory Service Results and after market warranty coverage[/h]
Hi Guys

I have a 2010 RRS LUX HSE with 70k. I just had the 75k service done on the truck. I have the extended 4yr/100k warranty provided by Contintenal that i bought through the dealership. Paid just under 4k for it when I had 47k miles on the truck.

1. Replaced oil
2. Air Cleaner replaced
3. Air Cabin Filter replaced
4. Hydraulic fluid replaced
5. Transfer Case service

$800.33 was the cost for this portion of the service.

I also had them replace the 4 wheel arch mouldings. One was hanging down and they replaced all 4.This was just a cosmetic thing but I'm anal about the truck and want it to look right.

$ 217.82 was for the parts & labor.

In addition they found out that I needed a right front wheel hub assembly. They estimated this to be around $750. But the after market warranty covered both parts and labor. This is the first time I had to use the aftermarket warranty and Im glad it paid for this. Now I have $3250 in repairs to break even on the cost of my warranty!!

had them do a state inspection $35

So after taxes and a $75 off coupon for service walked out the door

$1022 lighter. Not to bad. If I didnt have the cosmetic stuff done it would of been $770. out the door for the 75k service.

I also had them look at my wipers since the driver side was cleaning well. They said my Rain X Latitude wipers were not fitting correctly and wanted to sell me the LR wipers for $90/pair !!! Way to much money for wipers so I went to get some Bosch Icon Beam wipers hopefully they work better and they only cost $35 for the pair.

The said I would need brakes soon. The rears were replaced with 50k on the truck and the fronts replaced at 44k so i guess I will we due soon for a whole new set of brakes not looking forward to that cost!

anyways this was just a informative post. I hope this was helpful.​

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is the rundown of my 75k service at the dealership 2 years ago

75k Factory Service Results and after market warranty coverage

Hi Guys

I have a 2010 RRS LUX HSE with 70k. I just had the 75k service done on the truck. I have the extended 4yr/100k warranty provided by Contintenal that i bought through the dealership. Paid just under 4k for it when I had 47k miles on the truck.

1. Replaced oil
2. Air Cleaner replaced
3. Air Cabin Filter replaced
4. Hydraulic fluid replaced
5. Transfer Case service

$800.33 was the cost for this portion of the service.

I also had them replace the 4 wheel arch mouldings. One was hanging down and they replaced all 4.This was just a cosmetic thing but I'm anal about the truck and want it to look right.

$ 217.82 was for the parts & labor.

In addition they found out that I needed a right front wheel hub assembly. They estimated this to be around $750. But the after market warranty covered both parts and labor. This is the first time I had to use the aftermarket warranty and Im glad it paid for this. Now I have $3250 in repairs to break even on the cost of my warranty!!

had them do a state inspection $35

So after taxes and a $75 off coupon for service walked out the door

$1022 lighter. Not to bad. If I didnt have the cosmetic stuff done it would of been $770. out the door for the 75k service.

I also had them look at my wipers since the driver side was cleaning well. They said my Rain X Latitude wipers were not fitting correctly and wanted to sell me the LR wipers for $90/pair !!! Way to much money for wipers so I went to get some Bosch Icon Beam wipers hopefully they work better and they only cost $35 for the pair.

The said I would need brakes soon. The rears were replaced with 50k on the truck and the fronts replaced at 44k so i guess I will we due soon for a whole new set of brakes not looking forward to that cost!

anyways this was just a informative post. I hope this was helpful.​
Thank you. That was what I was looking for. I haven't noticed any major issues with how it is driving but this could possibly be my replacement year and didn't want to dump a lot of $$$ if I didn't need to.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
434 Posts
If you don't want to dump a lot of money into it - diy - oil, air, cabin are easy and will cost you less than $100 - or take it to shop like aamco - they will probably do that for < $200.

If you are keeping it , time to do diff and tcase fluid and Id also do transmission ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts