RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with the procedure for setting the EPB to service mode. I plan to change the rear rotors, and have found instructions for this procedure, however, I am having trouble figuring out the EPB with the keyless ignition. Info for key version, but this doesn't seem to work for keyless. Will there be an indication on the dash that it is in service mode?

Thanks

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Yes, I second this. I have a 2012 (SC) and want to do the rear rotors. I found some stuff on Youtube for the Evoque, but it doesn't seem to work for the Sport .

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's not necessary to put it in service mode in an auto transmission car (which all of ours in the usa are). Just do a few things -- don't set the parking brake, don't let anyone in the car, and don't touch the parking brake switch.

I've wondered the exact same thing ... long time ago with my 05 LR3, but have since done rear rotors on that LR3, a 2012 LR4, 2008 RRS SC and my current 2010 RRS SC. Never in service mode, never a problem.

(now, adjusting the parking brake shoes is a whole other story... I finally after my 6th or so time have it down to a science)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok... thanks. What's the correct way that YOU have found to adjust them? I think you're talking about spinning the rotor to that little witness hole is lined up with the gear(?) correct? I've watched that Atlantic British video like a million times but that's for an older model RRS. Thanks any help is appreciated. I think one of the moderators used to pull the fuse to the hand brake... so you're saying none of that is needed correct?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
39 Posts
No service mode... just didn't have e-brake engaged... and wiggled the rear rotors off. Thanks anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts