RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and I understand there is no manual way of resetting the oil service message. But is there a tool or anything you can buy to do this or must I go to the dealer to have them reset it after I do my own oil change? TIA

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
One of our forum sponsors, BlackBox Solutions, sells such a tool, reasonably priced when you consider how much a dealer would charge for labor to run such a diagnostics routine. Can't get a direct link, but go to their store: https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/index.php - click on BlackBox Basic Bits, then scroll down and click on "More Information" for the last device listed (BCSRT) As stated, that SII reset tool works for all Jag engined Range Rovers up to 09MY.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
947 Posts
umbertob said:
One of our forum sponsors, BlackBox Solutions, sells such a tool, reasonably priced when you consider how much a dealer would charge for labor to run such a diagnostics routine. Can't get a direct link, but go to their store: https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/index.php - click on BlackBox Basic Bits, then scroll down and click on "More Information" for the last device listed (BCSRT) As stated, that SII reset tool works for all Jag engined Range Rovers up to 09MY.
Do you know a place that sells one of these tools for the BMW engine Range Rovers?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
Can't you reset that service indicator manually on BMW engined Land Rovers? I think the method has been discussed on the forum quite a few times before...

G

·
0 Posts
umbertob said:
Can't you reset that service indicator manually on BMW engined Land Rovers? I think the method has been discussed on the forum quite a few times before...
You most certainly can.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think the manual reset only works up to MY2004.

Dave, if yours is pre-2004 PM me and I will send you the procedure.

:thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
garioch43 said:
I think the manual reset only works up to MY2004.

Dave, if yours is pre-2004 PM me and I will send you the procedure.

:thumb:
Don't you mean post 2004?

I think DaveS has an 06 RR

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a 2002 and can manually reset the service light using a combination of ingnition key positions and the button above the service display window.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's the one!

Hey BOFAbill, far aboot did ye come fae???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fit ye like mon?
Ahm frae thon west coast.
OOR Wullie territry.
Doon sooth noo tho.
Mine ye ah flit between here ahn the Midlands.
Haiv a wee But n' Ben ther in the Forrest. 8~
#Been tae A-birdinne numerous times.
HeatherlyFold area. (relatives)

Taks me an age tae write oan here in normal lingo............ ahn Windaes disnae dae a Glesga speel checker yit........ :naughty:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Crivvins, jings and help ma Bob!

My faither wis brought up jist next door in Woodside. Played fiba as a loon wi' Dennis Law in his bacckie.

I'm in Cults, the posh bit, far they spik proper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jings oh, saw Mr Law in the services at Gretna the other month.
Gawd he's a wee mon.
Mine ye, aw budys wee tae me tho.
hehehe

best we watch oot as we seem tae be hijackin a post...... soz troops. :naughty:

PS.... watch oot above, some foreign lingo has said somit. Dinna ken fit tho.

Here, whit happen tae aw yer Fits that were ther afore ah went tae beeds (neet shift the neet) ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of our forum sponsors, BlackBox Solutions, sells such a tool, reasonably priced when you consider how much a dealer would charge for labor to run such a diagnostics routine. Can't get a direct link, but go to their store: https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/index.php - click on BlackBox Basic Bits, then scroll down and click on "More Information" for the last device listed (BCSRT) As stated, that SII reset tool works for all Jag engined Range Rovers up to 09M

Do you nknow if it works whit 2010 hse?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts