Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Range Rover Classic
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really appreciate your take on this history. Is this a "typical" number of things y'all deal with or does this spell trouble to you? I am fully aware of the need to stay on top of things and the realities of issues that pop-up but want to ask if it's a good thing these things have been addressed now vs later or would you run away?

I am finally making some time to drive and hopefully choose a 2012 RR SC it's a CPO unit. I like one I found and I have the service history but couldn't attach unfortunately. :^l

This is a 2012 RR SC with 26,000 miles 1 owner for most of its life and 1 owner for only 8 months. So - Highlights are (all done by RR dealer):
  1. LF Axle boot leaking grease. Caused premature axle bearing failure. Replaced LF axle assembly and Replaced front brakes (7/2015).
  2. LF hight sensor fail. Lowered to bump stops. Went into extended range lowered. Replaced LF height sensor and calibrated air suspension (5/2015)
  3. Ran hot and cold. Slight knocking noise from engine.
  4. Vehicle would not start. Display goes black. Will not come out of park. Alternator replaced as was not charging (4/2015)
  5. Battery won't hold charge. Replaced battery (3/2015)
  6. Front of vehicle lowered and sound of a motor constant. R&R cross link valve.
  7. Excessive hood tolerance. Replaced hood switch and adjusted.
  8. Noise from front of engine. Replaced timing guides and tensioners (7/2014)
  9. Hesitates on acceleration. Customer may need to use Sport mode.
  10. Replaced upper steering column cover.
  11. Replaced front and rear brake pads rotors and sensors (4/2014)
  12. Rear heater motor amps to high. Replaced heater motor drivers side.
Anxious to get a sense for this series of trips to the shop. Excessive or problem vehicle perhaps?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1990 Range Rover Classic
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had more posts than "1" that shows. Weird, but it has been years so maybe they drop-off? Oh well, don't be put-off by the "1" post stat! Ha. I know how that can go for sure.

Thx.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
172 Posts
IMO, Excessive problems and Problem vehicle.. something is very wrong with that truck too many major problems with such low mileage. An indication should be 1 owner for 8 months, sounds like that guy had enough very quickly. I like the one about hesitation on acceleration... solution is to drive in sport mode? WTF?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I've had more posts than "1" that shows. Weird, but it has been years so maybe they drop-off? Oh well, don't be put-off by the "1" post stat! Ha. I know how that can go for sure.

Thx.
Err no. Posts do not drop off with age. In addition any "deleted" posts are always archived. I;ve just double checked your account and you indeed have never posted prior to this afternoon.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
172 Posts

Thx.
Does it really matter how many posts you have? We all start at 1...If you buy that truck I bet your post count will increase significantly very quickly LOL good luck with whatever you decide.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts
Does it really matter how many posts you have? We all start at 1...If you buy that truck I bet your post count will increase significantly very quickly LOL good luck with whatever you decide.
This and it's all thread started!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1990 Range Rover Classic
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I irritated you for some reason...apologies.

Yea, I get that. I know how it can be to have people pop-in on Forums with one question...usually a "good deal" question...then never be seen again.

Thought that maybe people wouldn't want to chime-in on a neophyte post.

Oh, of course it does not "matter" how many posts...just thought I had posted way back when. Probably did...and only said "is this a good deal?" Haha.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1990 Range Rover Classic
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMO, Excessive problems and Problem vehicle.. something is very wrong with that truck too many major problems with such low mileage. An indication should be 1 owner for 8 months, sounds like that guy had enough very quickly. I like the one about hesitation on acceleration... solution is to drive in sport mode? WTF?
Ha, no doubt. Many things raised my eyebrows as well. The way the dealer responds also tells a lot about how they would deal with things in the future. I get that they want to sell units but acting like these things are no big deal was irritating for sure.

Thanks for the note!

Have fun...

-S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts