RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am a young owner of a L322 2003 Range Rover HSE. I brought it down here from Connecticut so it has rust under it like most cars. It only has about 78,000 miles on it though and it has been to the dealer up in Connecticut at its service schedule all its life. My transmission position sensor went bad and I had to take it for replacement. Long story short the previous shop I trusted, Motorcars Limited, terrible place, broke the selector shaft in my transmission. I took it somewhere else and the took care of that.
NOW I AM LOOKING FOR AN HONEST RELIABLE MECHANIC OR SHOP IN HOUSTON OR IN THE AREA AROUND IT TO TO TAKE MY CAR. I am sick of shops trying to rip me off and not being honest. I want good and honest work. Any recommendations?
I need to get my brake lines replaced and I don't want to drop my gas tank because the whole bottom is rusted and it would be a pain to do. The shops say its 10hrs worth of work to do it to a rusted car like mine (even thought its not terribly rusted, just normal rust from being up north). The mechanics up north would be more used to this stuff. I saw this kit on Atlantic British and ordered it. Many of the shops around me refuse to install it because its not dealer part. Know anywhere that would?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Nick

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
So all those shops use ONLY parts from a main dealer? Bollox.
I can fully understand them not wanting to warranty the parts, or take responsibility for them, but not install period?
More like they dont want to lose the extra revenue they make of marking the parts up.

Martin

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can try motorcars ltd in Houston or Dan's automotive in Spring tx. I would help you out, but I am limited t what I can do at the house.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!
I visited around 4 in my area and they all refused! They don't see it as a proper repair and don't want to do it. If you click on the link you will see that the old brake lines remain in there and the new ones are bent around the frame. They don't want to do this. Partially because they would only charge me for an hour or two of labor whereas they could charge me for upwards of 10 plus the brake lines. :(

Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can try motorcars ltd in Houston or Dan's automotive in Spring tx. I would help you out, but I am limited t what I can do at the house.
I am in west Houston. On memorial and Sam Houston basically. I am willing to go anywhere though. If you recommend Dan's Automotive I can call them and see if they are willing to install the kit for me. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
By the time those Yahoo's down there finish screwing you over, you could have driven up here and had it done......Shame

Martin

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
616 Posts
Too bad you don't live closer to Austin. You could go to Austin Rover Works in Bastrop.
Still a drive for me from Austin. But the owner will quite often give me a ride back to the airport where I can either pick up a rental car or catch the bus home.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
It's been posted several times on this forum 3 independent shops in Houston exist. Luis at Land Rovers Unlimited up in the Woodlands, Kwame at Exotic Hause off 59/Chimney Rock and another guy out in Katy...can't remember his name.

The OP said that Motorcars screwed him over, why would you recommend it again then?

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts