RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea what the 1175 code would indicate from the obdii scanner? I have scoured the forum and think it is most likely the MAFS (Mass air flow sensor) acting up, but it seems when most people get that, its accompanied by other codes.

Note that the light will come and go periodically. It usually only shows up during longer drives after reaching full operating temperature for awhile. Also, there are no drivability issues noticed.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read bad things about those MAFS cleaners in these Bosch MAFS. I'd rather not destroy one...has anyone had luck using them?

·
Registered
139 Posts
A mechanic said carb. cleaner was the same thing. So we used carb cleaner, codes went away and everything perfect. MAF was dirty. Don't remember the specific code, but I had neglected my air filter, so the MAF was dirty. I can only say the carb. cleaner worked perfect for me. Be careful not to touch the MAF sensor areas with your fingers.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Use only MAF cleaner, it is not the same as carb cleaner.
I have used the MAF cleaner with success myself, and on other rigs too.

Martin

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
mark jeansonne said:
A mechanic said carb. cleaner was the same thing. So we used carb cleaner, codes went away and everything perfect. MAF was dirty. Don't remember the specific code, but I had neglected my air filter, so the MAF was dirty. I can only say the carb. cleaner worked perfect for me. Be careful not to touch the MAF sensor areas with your fingers.
Carb cleaner is definately not the same as MAF cleaner. Carb cleaners can leave a film that will foul your MAF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts