RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner looking for any recommendations from you seasoned owners as to where and who I should go see for warranty work in the Los Angeles area. I know how important it is to have someone good at a dealership to work with when dealing with service and warranty issues but I have no experience with Rover dealerships. If you need a shout out for BMW shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
British Eurotech 310-725-0075
I have the Easy Care Extended Warranty and this shop has done plenty of work on my '03 RR.
I'm sure they deal with other warranty companies as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been researching service contract like Easy Care that you mentioned, how happy are you with that? Which package did you get?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I purchased my 2003 MKIII HSE from a friend of mine in December 2008. It had 43k miles on the clock and he gave me all of the service records as well. After conducting extensive research on this fantastic site, I decided to purchase an extended warranty. I went to Land Rover Hollywood and purchased a 4 year 85k mile warranty for $3,600, which has already paid for itself after 2 claims. I purchased the warranty through the dealer because I figured it would be the safest option.
I also checked with my local Independent shop before I purchased the warranty, to make sure they had dealt with Easy Care in the past. They have been completely cooperative for the two claims that I have used them for. My policy covers $50 per day for a rental car and $100 for towing service. They will even purchase my warranty back from me if I decide to sell my car before the expiration date. The only problem with the company is that they have to send somebody out to take pictures and verify that work needs to be done on the vehicle before they can approve the claim, but the rental car makes that a non-issue. The rental car is actually the reason I don't sell my RR after it's in the shop every 3 months, I am stuck renting some 4 cylinder Mazda, Kia or Toyota for 3 days and when I finally get my Range Rover back I am so thrilled with it that I keep it for another 3 months. :D :thumb:
Let me know if you need any work done on the upholstery of your RR as well...I got a guy for that here in the South Bay.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
333 Posts
http://www.britishcarservice.net/

I only had one major issue with my P38 and they did a great job. Dealer tried to drain my 401K with my dead transmission. They rescued my ride and replaced the tranny for thousands less.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another independent Land Rover service I've seen is Mitchell Jaguar & Land Rover service on Jefferson Blvd just West of the 405. I've driven by it a few times but haven't had the chance to check it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KJRR said:
I purchased my 2003 MKIII HSE from a friend of mine in December 2008. It had 43k miles on the clock and he gave me all of the service records as well. After conducting extensive research on this fantastic site, I decided to purchase an extended warranty. I went to Land Rover Hollywood and purchased a 4 year 85k mile warranty for $3,600, which has already paid for itself after 2 claims. I purchased the warranty through the dealer because I figured it would be the safest option.
I also checked with my local Independent shop before I purchased the warranty, to make sure they had dealt with Easy Care in the past. They have been completely cooperative for the two claims that I have used them for. My policy covers $50 per day for a rental car and $100 for towing service. They will even purchase my warranty back from me if I decide to sell my car before the expiration date. The only problem with the company is that they have to send somebody out to take pictures and verify that work needs to be done on the vehicle before they can approve the claim, but the rental car makes that a non-issue. The rental car is actually the reason I don't sell my RR after it's in the shop every 3 months, I am stuck renting some 4 cylinder Mazda, Kia or Toyota for 3 days and when I finally get my Range Rover back I am so thrilled with it that I keep it for another 3 months. :D :thumb:
Let me know if you need any work done on the upholstery of your RR as well...I got a guy for that here in the South Bay.
I got a quote from the guys at Hornburg in Santa Monica for a 4yr/48 in addition to the 36k miles I have on my Rover now for $3600 w/ a $250 deductible. It seems like a good deal, but I dont have much to compare it to until I saw your deal. I might be hitting you up for upholestry contact since you know how the driver seat in-out deal goes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
WOW, that's pretty close to the quote that I received a few years ago, except my deductible is $200, so make sure you work on that portion before you purchase. I have learned that the LR finance people who sold me the policy have total control of setting the price of the deductible, car rental reimbursement and towing allowance. My deductible is 200, car rental reimbursement is $50/ per day and towing is $100 per event.
My truck has 73k miles now and I have the warranty until 85k or 2012, so I still have some time left to enjoy it. I will have to figure out if I can purchase yet another warranty when this policy is up.
Amadeus Upholstery
4610 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Lawndale, CA 90260
310-542-0726

1 - 8 of 8 Posts