RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bulletin(Q514) just appeared on Topix for my SVR. Anybody have this done yet and/or know what it is about? I assume it is a too lean or rich issue?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Ah you don;t have a subscription... apologies. Yes I meant text. Today's storm wiped our area off the map so I am on mobile only with fat fingers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2015 SC and have the same bulletin, Q514, so its not an SVR only thing. I spoke with the service advisor for my area and he said its just a sensor swap, 30-45 minutes once its in the work bay.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I had a check engine light within a couple of hundred miles of owning mine, it was a bad 02 Sensor. Could it be that they had a bad batch of them at the Factory?

Maybe they had enough warranty claims from Dealers that they decided to issue this TSB.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My service manager worked me in today to do this action, Q514. The service writeup after shows there was not an O2 sensor replacement, but an ECU tune for management. my wife has the write up with her, but ill post a pic of it when I get home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check engine light went on for me after first 180km of picking up the SVR. Had a friend scan it and came up with 3/4 O2 sensors having a fault. Booked in tomorrow for diagnosis. Will post outcome.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My service manager worked me in today to do this action, Q514. The service writeup after shows there was not an O2 sensor replacement, but an ECU tune for management. my wife has the write up with her, but ill post a pic of it when I get home.
I had the procedure done at dealership yesterday but was late when I picked up vehicle so could not ask purpose of the ECU tune. Anyone know why they did this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Q514B campaign updates the ECU tune to prevent the check engine light from coming on due to an issue with O2 sensors. It is not a sensor replacement, just an ECU tune. If you have an aftermarket ECU tune this will erase that calibration file and you will need to reflash your ECU to restore the tune.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Q514B campaign updates the ECU tune to prevent the check engine light from coming on due to an issue with O2 sensors. It is not a sensor replacement, just an ECU tune. If you have an aftermarket ECU tune this will erase that calibration file and you will need to reflash your ECU to restore the tune.
+1

This was done on my HSE a couple weeks ago. You are 100% right, it's an ECU tune. They aren't replacing any physical parts. I could tell that they updated my ECU programming the moment that I drove it off the lot. The vehicle drove a bit differently under 2,000 RPM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my service performed 2 weeks ago.

I had the impression that 2 oxygen sensors were replaced. I had no CEL or warnings.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
The service sheet is for Q565 which seems to be a different campaign than Q514. Q565 is a sensor replacement and Q514 is an ECU tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts