RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Service 11" or "Service 12" on the spedometer LCD. Means?

Where can I find out what these codes mean? I had Service with the number 11 show up during one startup, and then 12 during another startup. Does anyone know what they mean??

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Re: "Service 11" or "Service 12" on the spedometer LCD. Means?

What year and model do you have? Where are you located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

2006 range rover sport HSE, located in new england, USA. are these regular service codes, or something more serious??? thanks for the reply

·
Registered
96 Posts

If I'm not mistaken that means your due for regular scheduled service in 12 miles or the last time you got regular scheduled service they forgot to reset the service odometer. It's just a countdown to the next service. Mines at like -72 cause they forgot to reset it last scheduled service.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

That's the countdown timer to your next scheduled service. The Service Interval Indicator is market dependent and can be enabled or disabled by a dealer, but if it is enabled it usually indicates the number of days - often followed by the number of miles - left before your car will require service, according to the built~in clock. If there is a minus sign in front of the days or miles digits, it means you are overdue for service. Your owner's manual explains the SII in detail.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

CB08 said:
If I'm not mistaken that means your due for regular scheduled service in 12 miles or the last time you got regular scheduled service they forgot to reset the service odometer. It's just a countdown to the next service. Mines at like -72 cause they forgot to reset it last scheduled service.
FYI, on MY08 and 09s you can reset the SII manually if the dealer forgot to do so... Search the forum, there are instructions posted. On MY06-07s, the only way to reset the counter is via IDS, unfortunately. Some suppliers now sell relatively inexpensive electronic devices to reset the timer by yourself if, for example, you do your own oil changes or the indy shop is not equipped with approved diagnostics.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Thread jack.... I like your white RRS, I should have got White!! 8)

·
Registered
96 Posts

umbertob said:
CB08 said:
FYI, on MY08 and 09s you can reset the SII manually if the dealer forgot to do so... Search the forum, there are instructions posted. On MY06-07s, the only way to reset the counter is via IDS, unfortunately. Some suppliers now sell relatively inexpensive electronic devices to reset the timer by yourself if, for example, you do your own oil changes or the indy shop is not equipped with approved diagnostics.
Oh man! That's great news! I was wondering if I could just do it myself because I went to my local dealer (I didn't buy it from my local dealer and the one I bought it from was the one that last serviced it) and asked if they would reset it for me and the guy who I believe is the service manager said "oh yeah......it'll be $149". I was like "hahahahaha no". I swear his answer for everything is $149, I hate dealing with that guy. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Great thanks! `) Thing is though, I don't think it's in miles because it was at 12 a few days ago, and then 11 yesterday, followed by 10 today (but not in exact 24 hour intervals). I'm assuming it's in hours driven, right?

·
Registered
270 Posts

Look at it this way. You get in the truck right now and it reads service 11 or whatever. Then next number to be a milage readout. You drive around. You get in tomorrow and see service 10, then next number should be a milage readout. Nothing to be concerned about unless you have missed a service.

The dealer forgot mine, and Im too lazy to fix it.

Dont worry about it. Go to bed, wake up and celebrate when you see Service 09. Have some fun with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts