Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Holy crap!!!...Had the very same issue happen to me last night...But this was after I went through car wash before work...Early morining, went out to warm up vehicle and was able to get in...I tried shutting door, but latch was not engaging...I fiddled with locking stricker and gave the door a good slam...It shut fine...Until I tried to get out...Doors would not unlock...Everytime I tried and pull lock up it would lock itself again...I was trapped inside...I was able to get out pass-side door by timing unlocking/locking motion with my key fab...Well, to make a long story short, I had to get back in from pass-side and drove home like normal...It's about a hour drive...Half way home I heard a click sound come from drivers door...When I arrived home, door unlocked fine and was able to get out...Tried unlocking/locking with both fab and key and everything is ok...My guess is that water got into door panel and froze up locking harware...And the ride home, with the heat on full blast warmed up doors enough to unfreeze locks...Well, lesson learnt here...Not going to wash Range during sub temps again...my bad.... :doh:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts