RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 03 range out of the dealer today, they jump started the truck, when i saw it, i was like why they did that, maybe the truck was been paring for a week there thats why, since it started so i didnt pay too much atention about it, so i took it to center for a spin to charge the battery a lil bit, and i gone for my lunch, after that i came back, my car wont start, its was completely dead, doesnt charge at all, and i cant open the door through remote and i cant open it manualy with my key neighter, the manual door lock was broken!!! dont even know why... can someone pls tell me how can i open the hood?? or wot should i do?? im stuck with my truck hopeless here, i cant move it cuz i cant even open the hood to jump start the truck, so i can conect the battery and open the door with remote... please, really need some big help here, thanks guys

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
This exact thing happened to me - makes me check the manual lock all the time...

A locksmith got it opened with a very long door handle pull that pulled the hood open from the latch down by the drivers feet. It took the guy about 10 minutes with me guiding him, but it worked and my auto insurance picked up the 40 bucks too for the emergency unlock. Then i unlocked the doors with the key after putting a charge on the battery for a while - whew...

My battery had a bad cell so interstate gave me a new one and i also fixed the manual lock - easy fix once the door is open :) You have to take the panel partially off to fix the manual turn.

JH

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jhepworth said:
This exact thing happened to me - makes me check the manual lock all the time...

A locksmith got it opened with a very long door handle pull that pulled the hood open from the latch down by the drivers feet. It took the guy about 10 minutes with me guiding him, but it worked and my auto insurance picked up the 40 bucks too for the emergency unlock. Then i unlocked the doors with the key after putting a charge on the battery for a while - whew...

My battery had a bad cell so interstate gave me a new one and i also fixed the manual lock - easy fix once the door is open :) You have to take the panel partially off to fix the manual turn.

JH
thanks for the reply JH, can you pls explain exactly where "from the latch down by the drivers feet", under the truck through chasis, or ?? is there a hole or??
and about the the manual turn, wot exact part i need to purchase or does it have any repair?? thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
he used those pump bags on the top corner of the drivers door - then put the door pull all the way down to where you pull the hood.

IM me your email or cell number and i can get you some pics.

No part was broken in the manual unlock for me - the pin was just misaligned - i have heard that a bunch of the 04 and 03's came this way but no one knew because they never use the manual unlock.

JH

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem once. What a pain in the a$$. I feel for you. Search my past posts - What I ended up doing was using a long piece of 12 gauge wire to connect the range to my other car's battery to power it up for a couple of seconds while I hit the button on the remote to unlock the doors.

I removed the light above the license plate and used a piece of wire to hook up the positive and negative wires of the light to the battery on my other car, McGyver style.

Then the first thing you need to do it go to the dealer and get that lock fixed! Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts