RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like seeing people think outside the box with their rovers, even if it's not to my taste ;-)

A very cool Defender / LR4 style front end mod.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1377550130.637071.jpg

Someone should have bought a van if they're getting this much action.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1377550165.967072.jpg

More headroom. Why not?
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1377550194.448351.jpg

I thought a Civic would be cheaper, but hey.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1377550213.600533.jpg

"Now I can STAND UP while waking around my 3 sq ft of space."
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1377550240.079476.jpg

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
88 Posts
like you said...not really my taste, but I will give props to any serious modifications/fixes that someone
has obviously spent some time figuring out and applying. I can appreciate the process.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like you said...not really my taste, but I will give props to any serious modifications/fixes that someone
has obviously spent some time figuring out and applying. I can appreciate the process.
Yeah I feel like that too. I suspect the rice rover is a Photoshop job. It's completely shaved and has a single glass panel across the sides. how do you get in? From the sunroof? ;-) or it probably has a huge single gullwing door starting at the bonnet and ending at the tailgate. A true minivan replacement ;-)

Generally though I love seeing people thinking outside the box. A buddy of mine has a Porsche 914 and he kept saying "I'm gonna put a Corvette motor in there someday." And everyone laughed at him. "It'll never fit, no matter how creative you get."

Well, he did get creative and it did fit. When I got a ride in it once I realised why he knew it would be so amazing. Love it!

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
On a side note, the white '73 camper had it's camper lid blow off during transport to Seattle. It spent a long spell in Ballard being fitted with a 300TDI and mated transfercase and tranny as well as new floor boards. From there it was moved to Shady Pines for electrical refit/repairs, audio upgrades and having a few niggles fixed up. It now resides in Sunnyvale California where it shares a stable with a Leaf.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I feel like that too. I suspect the rice rover is a Photoshop job. It's completely shaved and has a single glass panel across the sides. how do you get in? From the sunroof? ;-) or it probably has a huge single gullwing door starting at the bonnet and ending at the tailgate. A true minivan replacement ;-)

Generally though I love seeing people thinking outside the box. A buddy of mine has a Porsche 914 and he kept saying "I'm gonna put a Corvette motor in there someday." And everyone laughed at him. "It'll never fit, no matter how creative you get."

Well, he did get creative and it did fit. When I got a ride in it once I realised why he knew it would be so amazing. Love it!
Oh very cool. It's not your is it?

I'd love to see some more detailed pics of how the camper works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts