RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aftermarket wheels on my truck and now im selling them, should i just leave the sensors in the aftermarket wheels or should i have them taken out and put back in the stock wheels??

what is the function of the speed sensors? are they hard to transfer back to stock wheels?

help asap selling wheels tomorrow.

thanks.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I think you will find those to be TPMS sensors not speed sensors.

You can have them remounted and hope they don't get busted up or buy new ones for your old rims, your choice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's up to you, but I would take them out and put them in the stock wheels. Your computer is going to pull a flat tire malfunction or code and to replace the sensors you will be looking at $60 to $100 a piece!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
rrtoadhall said:

You can have them remounted and hope they don't get busted up or buy new ones for your old rims, your choice.
I recently changed my Wheels Tyres myself and could see no sensors and have no error messages with the new ones? :?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gazellio said:
rrtoadhall said:

I recently changed my Wheels Tyres myself and could see no sensors and have no error messages with the new ones? :?
The option wasn't out till 06 I believe.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Right, AFAIK they started including TPMS on late MY06 models here in North America. Which makes the question of the OP above a bit puzzling, considering he has an 04... Is this an aftermarket TPMS?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
umbertob said:
Right, AFAIK they started including TPMS on late MY06 models here in North America. Which makes the question of the OP above a bit puzzling, considering he has an 04... Is this an aftermarket TPMS?

I have whatever came stock on the 04' models -- i know when i got the aftermarket wheels the guy said it wasnt hard to switch over because it was on the outside instead of inside the wheel? I have no idea. :snooty:

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Ace 95 said:
umbertob said:

I have whatever came stock on the 04' models -- i know when i got the aftermarket wheels the guy said it wasnt hard to switch over because it was on the outside instead of inside the wheel? I have no idea. :snooty:
Have you had the car from new? The TPMS button is opposite the DSC button. If you have this (rtfm if you are unsure) then that's what they are. And as per above, they arent cheap. They incorporate part of the valve so should be changed by a tyre shop. I think it is US legislation now that all cars must have TMPS either via pressure sensor or ABS sensor (deflated tyre has different rolling circumference)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan_UK_1984 said:
[quote="Ace 95":fuk56md5]
umbertob said:

Have you had the car from new? The TPMS button is opposite the DSC button. If you have this (rtfm if you are unsure) then that's what they are. And as per above, they arent cheap. They incorporate part of the valve so should be changed by a tyre shop. I think it is US legislation now that all cars must have TMPS either via pressure sensor or ABS sensor (deflated tyre has different rolling circumference)[/quote:fuk56md5]

There is not a TMPS button inside the truck.

-Mike

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
On NA spec cars (2006 and later) there is no TPMS button on the dash either, even models fitted with the factory TPMS system. Are the valve stems on your wheels made of metal or rubber/plastic? If they are rubber, you don't have the valve sensors, if they are metal you most likely do.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Page 66 & 67 are dedicated to the TMPS US & UK both seem to have the elusive button. If you don't have the button you don't have TPMS on a 2004 car

[attachment=1:rt33b4ee]TPMS 66.jpg[/attachment:rt33b4ee]

[attachment=0:rt33b4ee]TPMS 67.jpg[/attachment:rt33b4ee]

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help guys! Im almost positive the valve stems are rubber but I will double check.

So if I dont have this what do they need to transfer from the aftermarket wheels back to the stockies? anything?

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Nope, just swap em over. You'll get £100 for a set of TPMS sensors if you can get them off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts