RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

As I'm sure you guys know, I have a 2003 Range Rover. I've already spent $2k on a body pieces, headlights, etc to convert it to the look of an 06 Supercharged. I've also spent a good amount of $$ on upgraded brakes... I'm starting to think that I might be better off just selling the 03 and buying an 06 Supercharged...

How much are 03's selling for these days? Mine only has 55k miles and is in very good condition.

How about the 06's? What are they selling for? Anyone buy one recently?

Any major negatives to this plan that jump right out to anyone??

Thx,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Mike
u r hilarious.

How long have u had ur '03? I couldve sworn u just got it the other day. :think:

I'm sure there r going to b hundreds of responses to this post, so let me jump ahead. ;) i'd start w kbb.com for both pricing q's. & as is the new party line & repeated on the last sev posts re '06 sc, you'll find a wealth of info that'll sink in more through a search. At least that's how I'd do it.

I have an '06 sc. It's great. It's cool. It's the the fashizzle my nizzle, but I wouldn't go by my (or any other individuals) unique experience. That being said I've Owned LRs since the mid '90s. Owning a total of 6 personally w them being in my family for as long as I remember. I know LR. I study LR. I stay on top of all things LR. In other words I research the brand, specific model, etc to come to a well informed personal opinion that no one or 2 posters that feel like responding r going to help or deter me. At least that's how I am on a significant purchase.

That being said u have to figure out what u want. Do u want the look of an '06 sc or do u want the performance of one? Cos an '03 ain't a truck to sneeze at & w the diff taken care of & u upgrading it to look however u want, why aren't u satisfied w it?
If ur the type who sets ur mind on something & must get it, then welcome. O/w figure out what u want. Brakes (or breaks as they r now called) upgraded (not really sure why am '03 hse needs brembos, but ok) headrests & whatever else, just figure out ur final look & features & if u have a good truck why not just accesorize & personalize it to ur tastes? I'd hate for another post on "I spent $xxxx & my LR sucks- rant"

looking fwd to what u decide man

all the best

AL

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can't speak to the prices of the 2003's, but I'm very familiar with the current 06 S/C prices, as I'm also in the market.

2006's, with less than 50K miles, are gonna be in the 38-41K range.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not a lote of them out there. Wholesale with 55K miles will be around 33K.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Its gonna cost you a bunch and I don't think you'll be able to charge extra for the mods you've already invested in, but if you really want a supercharged... regarding the '03 you'll probably get about $16k for trade, or $19k if you sell it privately. A really pristine '06 s/c will run you around $40k, or maybe as low as $35k if you really get a steal (most likely not as good condition at that price though), wouldn't expect any less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts