RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone. I recently replaced the rear glass on my 92 SWB and I can’t seem to get the window set so it shuts properly without haveing to slam a side. Any tips?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You can adjust the receiver pegs on each side for the alignment
A trial by error thing

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
One thing that will impede even closing is if your struts are not a matched pair. I don;t know how many times someone had had a great Classic in the shop and it is so undignified to have to slam the hatch because one strut is new and the other is worn so the new side is fighting being closed and the worn strut doesn't offer much resistance.

Take look at the white labeling on the outter tubes. If they are not a matched pair one is most likely fighting the other. No need for LR genuine aftermarket works just fine. I have been fitting strong arm 4647s to later Classics for a couple years and never had an issue. They can be had online for easily around $35 for the pair. I used to fit URO MXC7833 that can be had for around $25 for the pair, but the Strong Arm give about 1.5" more lift.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
35 Posts
I don’t think the design of the tailgate latches helps with this. I find that if I try to close the tailgate by holding onto the handle then one side inevitably doesn’t close. If I place my hands on either side and close it that way, then with equal pressure being applied it closes fine. I just accept it as being one of the quirks of RRC ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts