RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there,
Does anybody ever met or have any information about this option for RRC OVERFINCH?
I'm about to make upgrade for door soundproofing for my 95 LSE so any pictures, info or explanations would be appreciated.
SECONDARY DOOR SEALS (38

Made from smooth, high silicone rubber, these supplementary door outer seals completely fill the gaps
around the window frames and body so almost totally banishing wind noise - a surprising but true claim.
Fitting times vary from car to car. An amazingly effective modification. (Separate information sheet
available on request).
RR D1 D2 £380 + fitting

·
Registered
38 Posts
That sounds pretty cool. But to be honest, after my Series 1 and my Defender, my RRC already sounds pretty darn quiet.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’d be interested to see how you get on. Kingsley cars in the uk also sell secondary door seals but they’re not cheap!

·
Registered
341 Posts
D2 seals - have a set hanging in my garage waiting for a sunny day to install them. I have all five D2 doors, so I'll use the rear door seal to splice into the rear door so it fits my LWB. My original seals are in great shape and will go into storage...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What those guys from Kingsley cars do are here
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RA1450
Nothing special and expensive, just cheap aftermarket option. Honestly these seals are really thicker than original ones but only 5-10 % may be, just enough for advertisement - our cars have special tuning door seals to provide outstanding soundproof!

I use these seals so i can prove it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are they a P shape seal? I’ve been digging around finding a few images of the overfinch seal in use. It looks like a simple stick on after market seal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I once had an offcut of a genuine overfinch seal that I sent to a seal maker in the UK. They couldn't match the profile but would make it for me if I could pay £500 for tooling. Sadly I didn't have the cash spare or it would have been a nice product to be able to sell.

Jammez how did you get on with SRS1902? Is it the right size?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've not got round to actually fitting the seal (rebuilt engine, new transmission got in the way!) but just holding them in place they will definitely fit. It'll be a few weeks yet before I get chance to properly fit the seal but I'm not anticipating any problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been meaning to post up a pic of these seals on the car - they're not fitted properly as I only bought a 1 m long test piece but here's how they look with the door closed. They certainly cover the gap between the door frame so should make a difference, obviously I'd mitre the corner when fitting properly.

On the strength of how they look I'm going to buy a load more & fit it to one of my classics & see if there's an improvement on noise.

Cheers

James

pic2.jpg

Sorry no matter which way I upload the picture it always puts it up sideways!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts