RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a little while now, I have been getting the 'service engine soon' light. It comes on, stays on for a day or two, then goes off for awhile. Code is always the same P0418 which goes to the secondary air injection. Fine. No other codes at all.

Step 1: Replaced the relay. Noticed when I did, there was a 4 prong one. Thought "ok" maybe that is what this is about as it should be the fiver.
Nope.

Step 2: Replace secondary air injection pump. Bought one. Installed it this weekend (Saturday). Did that work as a fix it?
Nope.

Where do I go from here? I did some searching, saw some dude replaced his freakin BECM. This coupled with a small to moderate coolant leak at the back of the motor, even though I JUST did the intake and valley gasket has me a bit pissed off today.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for me? Did I miss something about the SAI?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Look at the pipe that comes from the top/front of the motor and goes to the heater hose, as far as the leak goes. The engine lays back a little and the o ring there leaks and it shows it at the rear of the motor! It has a 13mm (IIRC) bolt that secures it in place, and an o ring that likes to leak.
Did you check the SAI pipes were clean? The nozzles too?

Martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts