RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MY18 SC LWB, which has nice looking but likely totally unpractical for winter 22" turbine rims.

I've gone through this pain with a series of BMWs, and would really welcome your guys' guidance:

1. If I buy takeoff rims, anything I need to look for in regards to TPMS sensors? I assume that there's sensors in the tire vs using ABS sensors on Range Rovers?
2. If so, any MY differences? (e.g. I know that BMW liked to change frequency of sensors, so weren't necessarily compatible year-to-year)

Many thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes you will need to have new TPMS sensors installed in the additional set of wheels (or transfer your old ones over).

I just did this and made the mistake (to the tune of a few hundred dollars, when factoring in all of the labor) of buying generic ones as they were cheaper and they did not work (eg: they did not pair with the RR even after driving 50-75 miles). I then ended up buying OEM ones, had them installed and they paired up and connected nearly immediately.

Just make sure you use your vin number to confirm the TPMS radio frequency (by calling dealer service department desk) when purchasing the sensors as there are certain model years where the frequency changed (notably in the middle of the 2014 MY run). I don’t believe the frequency has changed since then but use VIN to confirm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts