RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who purchsed a Sport had any second thoughts or regrets about not buying the full size Range Rover? I had an 03 Range Rover and liked everything about it including the size. I replaced it with a BMW 745 sedan and recently just ordered a Range Rover Sport to replace the BMW. The only concern I have is the overall size of the sport. I need the dog guard as I transport the family dog on a daily basis. I was told by the dealer that I could get the guard for the sport, however I don't see the same type of guard as is available for the Range Rover listed in the Sport accessory brochure. I am looking forward to the Sport and would like to hear if my concern about the size is unfounded. :?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Contrary to what you may have heard, size does matter. :wink:

I am enjoying my Sport, but I like the interior of the larger model better--especially the mult-contour seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a full sized 03 RR, just traded it for a SC RRS. The size is noticable; I'd compare it to piloting a fighter when compared with a RR or BMW 7 series, which I woud liken more to sitting in your living room.

I had Mercedes CLK 55 amg at one point, and the ride of the SC RRS is surprisingly similar--firm and confident. The RRS is essentially a sports car with some extra room (compared with the CLK 55 the RRS is, of course, quite roomy.

The cargo area is sufficient for my use, but we took a weekend trip yesterday, and it filled up pretty quick.

One point I'd make is that you can drive a big RR pretty agressively (I'm sure the SC RR is a beast), but I tended to fall out of the seat when cornering hard. The car could handle it, but not the occupants. The RRS fits you so nicely that you can really drive this car to its full potential without that insecure whoa.... feeling you get as you slide across your big seat in a RR or 745.

If you end up with the sport--congratulations!

maarten

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You raise a very good point about the handling of the Sport versus the Range Rover. I remember the feeling of sliding out of my seat in the 03 Range Rover when I cornered hard. I need to remind myself how sporty the Sport felt when I test drove it for the first time. I think the Sport will give me the best of everything (comfort, fun and adequate cargo space). My sport is already at the dealership and they are holding it for me as my BMW 745 lease expires in Sept. The same dealer owns both the Land Rover and BMW stores and I have been a good loyal customer to both franchises so that is why they are holding the car for me (with a hefty deposit of course). I will probably take delivery of the RRS before Sept as I really am looking forward to it. The sooner I get it the sooner I can stop second guessing whether it is the right choice or not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sport vs. Full-Size

I have always owned smaller sports cars and a couple Jeep Wranglers, so the Sport has the perfect "bigger" feel to me. I wanted something bigger than what I was used to, and having not driven the full-size HSE and not knowing the difference, the sport seems big enough for me. Plus I need to park it in a limited size garage spot, so anything bigger would not fit - not to mention a friend of mine has an '05 full-size HSE and tells me the Sport handles so much better than his. If you're looking for performance with sport sedan handling, the Sport is the perfect vehicle. I love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I previously had a '04 RR and like Ormond the only thing I miss is the comfort seats where I think are excellent and very comfortable. (comes directly from the BMW 7 series) but since I sold my C32 AMG and the RR I need something with more power and better handling, I know that I will not outrun my previous C32 but its quick for its size and the handling is similar to the C32, plus you sit in the car not on top of the car like the previous RR. The only regret is the waiting period to get my license plates which takes 3-4 weeks !!!.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No more second thoughts! I take delivery of my 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE next week (Monday or Tuesday).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts