RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seattle-Help me look up the codes for my SRS"Airbag fault"?

Hi looking for some diagnostic help please. I've had the SRS airbag fault on for a while now,and to my surprise just in the past couple days it has been going off and on; seemingly with no pattern. I had always thought that I needed a dealer to reset it so I didnt give it much thought after pushing in most the connectors a long time ago. Now that I know it could be a loose/dirty connector somewhere its kinda driving me crazy. :oops:

Ive recently gone through again and refit and cleaned most of the plugs. But the error remains.

Does anyone here in the greater Seattle area have the correct diagnostic equipment to tell me specifically which SRS component is suspect? I would really appreciate it. I live and work on the south end but I dont mind driving. Thankyou for all your considerations.

The dealer wanted $140 to read it; I wasnt shocked, but yea...thats dirty...

99 Gems 4.6

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Re: Seattle-Help me look up the codes for my SRS"Airbag faul

Checked the yellow connector under the drivers/ passenger seat? Very common cause of problems on SRS models.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Even though am not expert but my range rover had exactly the same symptoms with the SRS airbag fault going on and off this summer it turned out to be the clock spring so you might as well check that

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is what I suspect it is also. I figured the easiest way to diagnose this issue is using some kind of appropriate scanner. I have RSW software but unfortunately it doesnt support SRS faults. Did you happen to test the clockspring somehow before you replaced it?

Also,the radio doesnt work in the car and Ive never used the cruise control function so I dont know if the steering wheel controls work..

·
Registered
71 Posts

Not sure if this is still needed but I'd recommend you go to Lamorna's Garage on 95th and Aurora. I've had them troubleshoot my car's issues in the past when I couldn't figure it out. An hour diagnostic was, I think, $60. That included any and all code look-ups.

I do also have a Nanocom Evolution with which we could pull the codes. I've not had this particular issue in the past so that's as much help as I could give. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

With help from Beowulf and his Nanocom. We managed to read and reset the code for the SRS in no time. The specific error was "Driver airbag open circuit".

Funny thing though.. I thought that mine had "active" monitoring for the SRS as it is a late GEMs. However we didnt do a single thing before or after the reset and the code has been gone ever since. Maybe she just needs a reset sometimes? Either way, Im glad its gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts