RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this bug.

Sometimes I want to quickly run into a store or back into the house without turning the car off. So with the car in "P" and e-brake on, I jump out of the car and close the door but the seatbelt chime will stay on. I know this b/c my passengers will get highly annoyed every 10 seconds. The only way to get it to shut off is for one of my passengers to reach over and latch the seatbelt while I'm still away.

This has also happened while I'm still sitting in the running car in "P" with my seatbelt off. The car just doesn't seem to recognize that it is in "P" and not moving.

·
Registered
531 Posts
This pretty much common in all cars I have driven. Don't latch it off before you shift to 'P'

Sometimes I want to quickly run into a store or back into the house without turning the car off. So with the car in "P" and e-brake on, I jump out of the car and close the door but the seatbelt chime will stay on. I know this b/c my passengers will get highly annoyed every 10 seconds. The only way to get it to shut off is for one of my passengers to reach over and latch the seatbelt while I'm still away.

This has also happened while I'm still sitting in the running car in "P" with my seatbelt off. The car just doesn't seem to recognize that it is in "P" and not moving.

·
Registered
183 Posts

You can turn the seatbelt chime off permanently by turning the vehicle on (I do not believe you need to actually start the engine, just the electronics) and proceed to buckle and unbuckle the driver's seat belt nine times in succession. You will hear a beep and the warning will not come on again.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can turn the seatbelt chime off permanently by turning the vehicle on (I do not believe you need to actually start the engine, just the electronics) and proceed to buckle and unbuckle the driver's seat belt nine times in succession. You will hear a beep and the warning will not come on again.
This sounds like a fix. I will try it later today. Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I did what you said and it worked like a charm! Thanks again!
No worries - I was initially dubious it was actually possible, but it is and so nice not to ever hear the chime! In any case, glad it worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts