RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1995 SWB. It has 175K miles.

Its a little rough, i pulled it out of a junkyard with my friend. We are hoping to restore it and get it back on the road.

Besides needing new front seats and a paint job its in pretty good condition. I'll have to go through the mechanicals, but the engine turns over, but won't fire up. I added a new coil, cap and rotor, but no go. it has fuel, so I think i'll throw a set of plugs and wires on it.

Anyway, is anyone making new seat leather for these things. I haven't found anything in my interweb searches. I'm hoping we can restore it, instead of parting it out. Its in pretty good shape.

This is our other one we bought about 3 weeks ago and fixed up. its a 1995 LWB in near mint condition. We put a new set of front air bags on it and a new compressor. Then did all the maintenance on it. Its a very nice truck with only 100385 miles.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
I haven't found anything for new seat skins yet. May have to go with the leather repair approach using a leatherique kit. Would be great just to get new skins though.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
If you're not doing a Concours resto, Wet Okele makes a waterproof cover that fits perfectly. Below is an example in a '95 RRC that a friend did a while back.

8ceff9f4f7e58cffccf22703bcdd884c.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
I used purple power high strength degreaser on my leather seats. They were exceptionally dirty and the degreaser cut right through the years of dirt. Unfortunately it also picks up some of the seat coloring if you leave it on too long. Its best to work in small sections. I went slowly and did one panel at a time. Spray it on, use a brush to work it in, and wipe it off with a rag while its still wet. Once the you finish, you should apply a leather conditioner in generous amounts to make sure the cleaner doesn't dry out the leather.
I also used it on the rest of the interior and the carpet. It really did a lot for some of the built up grime.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts