RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2019 SC I ordered the upgraded seat package...the one with massage

Since I got the car I have been unhappy with the seats, my wife refuses to ride in the truck due to seat comfort

My dealer rebuilt the massage internals, still the seats are really uncomfortable....after 30 minutes my back aches.

I had massage seats in my 2017 and I thought they were wonderful, so Im surprised the 2018 is so bad

Today we went to the dealer and sat in a 2018 with standard seats....and they were much more comfortable. Its not only the back, its the bottom cushion....I can feel the mechanism.

Have an appointment next week with the dealer....told them one more fix and they take the car back. Will see how it works out

Anyone else have seat comfort issues?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
Ive got the $6200 executive seats with full recline, everyone including myself thinks they’re the most comfortable seats they’ve ever sat in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
On my 2019 SC I ordered the upgraded seat package...the one with massage

Since I got the car I have been unhappy with the seats, my wife refuses to ride in the truck due to seat comfort

My dealer rebuilt the massage internals, still the seats are really uncomfortable....after 30 minutes my back aches.

I had massage seats in my 2017 and I thought they were wonderful, so Im surprised the 2018 is so bad

Today we went to the dealer and sat in a 2018 with standard seats....and they were much more comfortable. Its not only the back, its the bottom cushion....I can feel the mechanism.

Have an appointment next week with the dealer....told them one more fix and they take the car back. Will see how it works out

Anyone else have seat comfort issues?
its the same on mine - the seat is terrible. I can actually feel the lumbar moving sometimes while I’m driving. Also, when taking turns the seat sounds like a creaky wooden ship - awful. Sound like your on a wooden boat it creaks so loud. It is by far the most uncomfortable seat I’ve ever had in a car.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Discomfort is not at all uncommon with massage seats. Just take a browse through the many posts about how some folks simple can not get comfortable. Most people don't realize that the massage seats have an entirely different frame to make room for the mechanics. They offer no real support for folks that are used to relaxing behind the wheel in proper Range Rover supportive and enveloping seating. It is impossible to make any adjustments to compensate. Gimme a basic heated seat with multiple adjustments and pneumatic lumbar I can drive for 8+ hours and have no fatigue. I can not stand to drive more than about 45 minutes or an hour in someone's rig with massage seats.

My neighbor went so far as to complain enough that he had the massage seats removed from his 2018 and had standard heated seats installed. As a repeat customer the dealer worked things out with him and it was done free of charge with the understanding that he would never have to see the seats again and the dealer could pass them on to someone else with the same interior.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would do anything to have mine removed

I’m off to the dealer this week...asking for new seats or a new truck

if not I’ll trade it for something else..my fourth rover in four years, I’m sure they will take care of

·
Registered
623 Posts
keep us posted please. I asked my dealer if it were possible to switch to non-massage seats and master tech said not possible to switch bc of computer incompatibilities.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
My neighbor was told due to the wiring harness. Horse plop! He went to the southern dealer in the area and they took care of him. Don't know if they had to change harness and computer to make it happen, but he has different front seats with new matching leather skins. The massage seats are a torture object along the lines of driving while on "the rack" after an hour.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My neighbor was told due to the wiring harness. Horse plop!
What’d they tell him?? Anyway all I’m saying is what the “master tech” told me. The guy whose in charge of all the other techs so I figured he knew what he was talking about. Now that I know he’s wrong, I’ll ask again.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
The seat bottoms on all seats are probably the same since there is no massage there, right?

Just out of curiosity since several people find these seats uncomfortable, and everyone I’ve had in my car thinks they’re amazing, is there something poking you in the back with the massage function that’s uncomfortable?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yes, I am confused too. I felt great after a 3 hour trip the other week, usually tend to have lower back pain in most other cars. I am wondering if just has to do with different body types, maybe I am not hitting a certain pressure point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts