RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 ATB. The seat massage simply stops after 5 seconds of operation....then I turn the car off and restart and it will work again - 5 seconds. All other major operations (seat up and down back and forth) work fine. My dealer is under a major renovation so trying to avoid the service department. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
What happened to your Last post? I replied.........

Did it ever work properly? Did you have any service done lately? Do you have any issues with any other options on the lower screen?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry i should have asked this before... it is only the drivers seat that this happens to? You said all other seats are fine so does that me passenger and rear seats work?

If that is so...it narrows it down to the door switch pack or the drivers seat control module or seat sensor. I will try to look into it more to help but in the meantime any more details you can add will help pinpoint problem....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only drivers seat...all else is good. Took out the fuses to the seat yesterday-then reinserted them in a failed attempt to reboot...but same issue. The massage button doesn’t illuminate most of the time and as soon as I push any massage button after the truck is started...count to four...stops. I believe you are on to something through...defective switch or power pack...can I “reboot” those?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I assume you have been using the door Buttons for activating the massage... If so try activating the massage from the lower panel instead or visa versa. also try activating the automatic massage feature, set it to activate 5 minutes after start and see if it stays on. trying these things will further narrow down the problem.

The drivers seat is the only one with the automatic feature, it is programmed into the drivers seat module. If the seat works with using the lower panel or the timer then it is the door switchpack. If it still does not work it is either a loose/shorted wire in the driver seat area or a faulty seat module.

Try these things and if problem still exists try looking at the wiring and make sure nothing has been kinked or damaged. sometimes wires can come loose and be pinched while moving the seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 2018 but both seats had issues. A dealer software update fixed their stability. In addition, my passenger seat massage airbags would get stuck fully filled in a particular area. The dealer had to replace the entire internal massage seat components.

Time to schedule an appointment. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts